You remind me of.....

Sweet Jane 61

I've always tried to introduce music to people that I really liked and wanted to share....sometimes the results are good, other times, people think I'm nuts....

I was a very early Bowie fan and I told anyone that would listen about him.....Cracked Actor is my favorite song and many folks don't know it...so now, that song is (although played hardly ever) has become associated with me.

my sister always said that the song "Big Shot" reminds her of me. The first time she took me to a party with her, I got very drunk trying to be a big shot and keeping up with her friends, running my mouth, and showing off.....hmmmph well, she was the one who brought me there in the first place, so there big sis! :neener:

Well mine was Pieces of April by Three Dog Night...April being my name but the song really has nothing to do with a girl named April but my friends would go there is your song. And it is a cool song. Also a guy I dated said he thought of me after we broke up when he heard the song because he still had pieces of April in his heart...how sappy is that I tell ya!

This is the only song anyone's ever said reminds them of me. I've never even heard this song, but a friend in high school wrote down the lyrics and gave it to me on a piece of notebook paper and said, "Shawna, this song is you."

THE LAST LINE

Jimmy Buffett

I've given my life for songs that I sing

As a matter of fact, I've given everything

But time has come to not make a sound

Time has come to lay my burden down

Ohhh wo, ohhh wo

It's come from behind,

Now is the time for the last line.

I've managed to keep some friends on my side

And lived through the time of rumors and lies

But now is the time to rest my heart

Let some other innocent fool take my part

Ohh wo, ohh wo

It's come from behind,

Now is the time for the last line.

i'm friendly with a guy who used to live around the corner from me and who runs a night in a local nightclub. one night when i was there the girl in the cloakroom accidentally gave me change for a fifty instead of a tenner - i didn't notice until the next day but i felt badly about it so i called around to the dj's house around the corner from mine and gave his girlfriend the money back. the next day he played 'strawberry blonde' by ron sexsmith on his radio show and dedicated it to me:

strawberry blonde

she was not the girl next door

but the girl from 'round the corner

it was at the tail end of grade four

when she came to school one morning

and all eyes were upon her as she took her seat

her name was Amanda with pretty eyes of green

and hair of blonde, strawberry blonde

springtime and dandelions

and summer 'round the corner

was at the tail end of age nine

with a million dreams before her

she lived with her mother in an old decrepit house

if there was trouble she kept it to herself

all summer long, the strawberry blonde

and by her face there was no way to tell

it seemed like all was well in her world

but the neighbours said

her mother had lost her will

to gin and sleeping pills

it was no life for a little girl

still I see her face framed in blue sky

at the top of a slide coming down

and when the sirens wailed

(her mother had failed to rise)

all the neighbours stood outside

as Amanda just stared at the ground

time flies and years are piled

I'd forgotten all about her

when I saw her down the aisle

of a streetcar with her daughter

then I heard Amanda say as she got up

"c'mon Samantha, girl, this is our stop"

and they were gone

two strawberry blondes

this is the first time i actually went and looked up the lyrics to this song and so many of them are strangely fitting for me, not just the obvious that i'm blonde and lived around the corner from him! i must try to find it somewhere so i can hear it!

La Grange -

Well, since I look like the boys from ZZ Top, I used to get reminded of this all the time (haw, haw, haw, haw).

But the last dozen years or so the recent generations don't recognize me as much, except the younger ones keep saying Santa, Santa.