The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

Most often I prefer to use the "Show All" setting, i.e. entire listings on a single page; scrolling does seem endless, but it has one big advantage - when you need to use "Edit - Find on this page" command, searching is just a single click away.

PS: You wont need to reach for your bi-focals, the font size does not change :)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm going to go mellow this time around.

Diamond Girl - Seals & Crofts. I really love the music of this folk/pop duo. After Simon & Garfunkel they're my favourite duo.

Photographs & Memories - Jim Croce. Although he wrote so many lovely tunes, I think this is my favourite.

:)

I used to be a casual reader of these forums, didn't post much.. But because of this thread I come to this site faitfully every day now.. I have YOU to blame for that, 55! :)

Anyway, this time around I'm gonna go with:

Elvis Costello - Pump it Up

David Essex - Rock On

More great songs and more to come I'm sure ! :thumbsup:

I love reading what you've had to say while I was snoozing. :)

Trust Shawna to catch me out forgetting those song names. From now on I'll keep a pen and paper at my bedside and write down my brilliant :grin: nomination choices. Although....if I wait long enough, somebody else will nominate them for me !

So we have you "Hooked On Top Tens" Malakin. ;) Hey that would make a good title for a compilation CD ! I think it's great that the idea clicked and we all enjoy it.

I hope that I haven't confused too many people with the dates of the Top Tens. We've now made it periods ending 5th, 10th, 15th, 20th, 25th, 30th of each month.

Our current Top Ten #7 is for period ending 5th May, and this one, #8 should be nominated and voted on by then. Someone asked me about the dates in a PT after reading Farin's Songactors Choice Top Ten Archive.

The Archives are a great source of reference. Farin has them arranged in order of votes received, and he also lists the year of each song.

He works a lot harder than I do ! It's really play to me. THANKS FARIN !!!

Please keep the Nominations coming in. I think it's good that we all seem to be avoiding Beatles and Stones songs this time, giving different Artists/Groups the nod.

P.S. IF the 6 Top Tens per month prove to be "too much of a good thing" we can always change it back. We don't want it to become a "chore".

I'm not going to agonize anymore...This week...

Ain't Too Proud to Beg ~ The Temptations

Sentimental Lady ~ Fleetwood Mac

I just realized this is probably the only Fleetwood Mac song I would put in the top ten. It's Early Fleetwood Mac/ Bob Welch

Edited by Guest
just dawned on me.

Hey All...My computer finally died...but I can still get on Songfacts at work....Farin nominated one that I wanted..."You Aint Seen Nothing Yet"...so that definitely has my vote...my next two are:

For What It's Worth ~ Buffalo Springfield

No Sugar Tonight/New Mother Nature ~ Guess Who

Edited by Guest
changed my mind

Looks like you have to post quickly this week or someone will nominate your tune before you - Katie picked one of mine , as well - " Radar Love " :cool:

Well , taking a cue from Judo , I'll try a couple of country hits that were pretty popular all around :

" Third Rate Romance " - The Amazing Rhythm Aces

" He Stopped Loving Her Today " - George Jones

"Behind Blue Eyes" - The Who

Good to see you participating c s, but I would have thought you'd have nominated Limp Bizkit's version ! You prefer the 'Old Masters' obviously. (Although LB's cover is pretty good).

NOMINATIONS TO DATE. KEEP THEM COMING PLEASE.

A Whiter Shade Of Pale - Procul Harum

Ain't Too Proud to Beg - The Temptations

Atlantis - Donovan

Behind Blue Eyes - The Who

Boys Are Back In Town, The - Thin Lizzy

Boys Of Summer, The - Don Henley

Celluloid Heroes - The Kinks

City, Country, City - War

Coconut - Harry Nilsson

Diamond Girl - Seals & Crofts

For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

He Stopped Loving Her Today - George Jones

I Still Haven't Found What I'm Looking For - U2

If I Said You Had A Beautiful Body - Bellamy Brothers

Love Is The Drug - Roxy Music

Minnie The Moocher - Cab Calloway

Mississippi Queen - Mountain

My Kinda Lover - Billy Squier

No Milk Today - Herman's Hermits

No Sugar Tonight/ New Mother Nature - Guess Who

Photographs And Memories - Jim Croce

Piece Of My Heart - Janis Joplin (Big Brother & The Holding Company)

Pump it Up - Elvis Costello

Radar Love - Golden Earring

Rain Song, The - Led Zeppelin

Reflections of My Life - Marmalade

Rock On - David Essex

Sentimental Lady - Fleetwood Mac

She Talks To Angels - Black Crowes

Sultans of Swing - Dire Straits

Third Rate Romance - The Amazing Rhythm Aces

Walk On The Wild Side - Lou Reed

You Ain't Seen Nothing Yet - Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Your Mama Don't Dance - Loggins and Messina

:headphones:

Hey All...My computer finally died...but I can still get on Songfacts at work....

That´s not enough, Laurie... I was hoping you would have more posts than me one day... very soon even...

:P I´m sure your daughters have a computer... borrow theirs!!!!;)

The Archives are a great source of reference. Farin has them arranged in order of votes received, and he also lists the year of each song.

He works a lot harder than I do ! It's really play to me. THANKS FARIN !!!

That's what you think. I don't have to keep track of the 25 submited Top Tens and add up all the points to one big Top Ten... ;)

No, seriously, I don't consider what I do to be work at all :) It's just a little spin-off of the 'work' you do here, so Thanks Old 55!!

I'm not 100 % convinced that we can manage 6 Top Tens per month.

I think we need a minimum of 25 people involved each time or it's not really a true reflection of our collective taste.

We'll just play this one by ear. We've got under 4 days to get more nominations and vote, so we'll see how we go, OK ?

:P

MORE NOMINATIONS REQUIRED PLEASE !!!

Are they all behind the bike sheds again ???

Edited by Guest
MORE MORE MORE