The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

OH NO ! I'll have to declare all previous Top Tens void. :doh:

That's what happens when you're off behind the bike sheds and not paying attention in class ! You're grounded indefinitely. Would you like to to post your current Ten again in order ? There's still quite a few to vote, so I won't be tallying the votes up just yet.

Thanks to all who've voted so far. I enjoyed reading your comments about the songs and what they mean to you. Music is a very personal thing, isn't it. I can remember exactly where I was and what I was doing when certain songs were popular.

:)

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great job Darryl. I hope it is warming where you are than here. Spring time in West Virginia where it is 80 one day and 50 the next. As you guessed it is 50 today. I am freezing. I believe it feels colder now than this winter.

Have a great day Darryl and soak up some sun for me. Burrrrrrrrrrrr.

rtstuff

Bring back spring.......Please!!!!!!!!!

Thanks rt. Well it's Autumn here, and I'm pleased to say that our temperatures are currently ranging from around 60F minimum to 80 F maximum. Of course where I am is semi-tropical so we are presently more fortunate than our Southern cousins. It can get very hot/humid here in the Summer months, but right now it's beautiful. We badly need some rain though. Water restrictions are in place and may be tightened further. I might have to tear out the flowers and grow all succulents. Also the grass is going brown. :)

1. Sky Pilot - Eric Burdon & The Animals

2. Going to California - Led Zeppelin

3. Man Of The World - Fleetwood Mac

4. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

5. Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group

6. My Generation - The Who

7. Heart Full of Soul - The Yardbirds

8. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

9. The Sound Of Silence - Simon & Garfunkel

10. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues

Hmm, looks like there's only music from the 60s in that list. Excepting Going to California, of course. All of these songs left a lasting impression on me when I first heard them and they bring back sweet summer memories. Me and my pals used to go swimming in a lake some 8 miles from the city I grew up in. Halfway there was our favourite ice cream shop where we bought huge cones (I still miss them) and on the other side of the street was a cafe where we used to play the jukebox while we enjoyed the ice cream.

1. Sparks - Coldplay

2. Sound Of Silence, The - Simon & Garfunkel

3. Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

4. My Generation - The Who

5. Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

6. All Right Now - Free

7. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

8. Take Your Mama Out - Scissor Sisters

9. Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

10.Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Wow, that was really hard! my own nominationa are on 5. and 8....

Thanks rt. Well it's Autumn here, and I'm pleased to say that our temperatures are currently ranging from around 60F minimum to 80 F maximum. Of course where I am is semi-tropical so we are presently more fortunate than our Southern cousins. It can get very hot/humid here in the Summer months, but right now it's beautiful. We badly need some rain though. Water restrictions are in place and may be tightened further. I might have to tear out the flowers and grow all succulents. Also the grass is going brown. :)

Yes, your southern cousins are currently experiencing a daily high temp of 8C...46F!! And water restrictions....we've been on level 5 for a few years now, but our town water supply was pronounced empty last week! We get our water from another dam now, but they're considering water carting. Anyway, I am in the wrong thread for this :D :D

I decided to join in, but I don't know half the songs, and I don't really want to add songs in my top 10 just because I know them. so here's my top 7, is that acceptable?

1.Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

2. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

3. Take Your Mama Out - Scissor Sisters

4. Train in Vain - The Clash

5.My Generation - The Who

6. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues

7. Sound Of Silence, The - Simon & Garfunkel

Good to see you Rachel !

Please have another browse through and see if you can find 3 more you know. I'll bet you'd know some of them if you heard them. I'll hum them for you if you're not sure !

i'm sure there's more i know, but the titles don't mean anything. as I said, I can add another 3 to make it a top 10, but i don't really want to add them just because i know them.

Yes, your southern cousins are currently experiencing a daily high temp of 8C...46F!! And water restrictions....we've been on level 5 for a few years now, but our town water supply was pronounced empty last week! We get our water from another dam now, but they're considering water carting. Anyway, I am in the wrong thread for this :D :D

I'm sorry to hear that Cousin ! I didn't realise it was so dry there. How far inland are you ? I was just saying to my Wife that we're having a cool minimum of 12 C (about 43 F) tonight. Hey, we can chat on here anytime.

That's OK to do that Rachel - provided they are ones you like. Make it Ten. I'd say most of us more mature in age (I was going to say Oldies) don't know a lot of 90s and 00's songs either - all though I do try to "acquire" them and listen to them. I've discovered a lot I like !

I've just recorded yours c s. Thank you for telling me though. I usually do them regularly, or it gets to be too big a job at the end.

FARIN I made a Post saying, "Sure, go ahead" but it must have timed out. Either my Server or the Site is a bit slow.

I'm off to have dinner and then watch my Soapie. (My Wife's really; I just keep her company to be polite).

;)

ok then, here goes, although i'm not that fond of the last 3 but they are the best of the ones I recognise

1.Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

2. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

3. Take Your Mama Out - Scissor Sisters

4. Train in Vain - The Clash

5.My Generation - The Who

6. Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues

7. Sound Of Silence, The - Simon & Garfunkel

8. Sparks - Coldplay

9. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

10. Your Eyes Open - Keane

Thanks Farin and Invis. Our youngest son bought Tool's new "10,000 Days" CD today. I don't know what the music's like, but the cover is fantastic. It's got 3D pictures of the group members and 'emblems'. Must be seen ! (Don't know about heard yet).

1.Going to California - Led Zeppelin

2. Seven Spanish Angels - Willie Nelson & Ray Charles

3. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

4. Sugar Magnolia - Grateful Dead

5. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N Roses

6. Pride & Joy - Stevie Ray Vaughan

7. Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

8. Losing My Religion - R.E.M.

9. Fire And Rain - James Taylor

10. Something in the Air - Thunderclap Newman

1. Fire And Rain - James Taylor

2. Peaceful Easy Feeling - The Eagles

3. All Right Now - Free

5. Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

6. Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group

7. Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

8. Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

9. She's Gone - Hall and Oates

10.Angel Eyes - Jeff Healey Band

Here are my top ten:

1] They Won't Go When I Go - Stevie Wonder

2] It Makes No Difference - The Band

3] Rescue Me - Fontella Bass

4] Harder They Come, The - Jimmy Cliff

5] Separate Ways - Journey

6] Sound Of Silence, The - Simon & Garfunkel

7] She's Gone - Hall and Oates

8] Peaceful Easy Feeling - Eagles

9] Sweet Child O' Mine - Guns N' Roses

10] Train in Vain - The Clash

And because my heart is breaking from excluding so many wonderful songs, here are my 11-20 (Sweet Darryl, ignore these. This is for my peace of mind, not to make you go crazy! :grin:).

11] Whole Lotta Rosie - AC/DC

12] Rainy Night In Georgia - Brook Benton

13] Brown Eyed Girl - Van Morrison

14] Gimme Some Lovin' - Spencer Davis Group

15] Rebel Yell - Billy Idol

16] I Love You - Climax Blues Band

17] My Generation - The Who

18] My Way - Frank Sinatra

19] Nights In White Satin - The Moody Blues

20] Purple Haze - Jimi Hendrix

Out ofthe ones I knew, I had 15 that I really liked, but here's how I painfully pared it down:

1. Sledgehammer - Peter Gabriel

2. They Won't Go When I Go - Stevie Wonder

3. Train in Vain - The Clash

5. Crash Into Me - Dave Matthews Band

6. Losing My Religion - REM

7. Pride & Joy - SRV (See how low I had to put my wedding song!!!)

8. Rock This Town _Stray Cats

9. Take Your Mama - Scissor Sisters

10. Tears in Heaven - Eric Clapton