The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jman nominated "Rite Of Spring" and being the gentleman he is, he was kind enough to check with me first. I said "Sure ! Go ahead."

Ty Old. :)

I don't want to offend anybody, but in hindsight I agree with this. I don't wish to be arbitrary about it, but starting with the next lot of nominations we'll make the time frame from 1950 to the present, and 'Rock/Pop', very broad genres which cover just about anything.

I apologise to jman and any other classical music lovers.

Pshhh, I see how it is! :P Actually I didn't expect The Rite Of Spring to get nominated, I just couldn't think of anything else to nominate at the time. So, no worries I understand.

For my nominations....

Pride and Joy-Stevie Ray Vaughan

Blowin' In The Wind-Bob Dylan

I know I'll just keep on trying harder, picking more and more popular songs until I get at least one in the top ten. I was pretty disappointed with "Behind Blue Eyes" just missing out by 2 points (and it would have been 11 if OLD55's attempt to dock it points went unnoticed }:( )

So I guess I'll pick a couple of more popular songs so I'll stop fretting about not getting in the top ten. My nominations are:

"Nights In White Satin" - Moody Blues

"Purple Haze" - Jimi Hendrix

Haven't we got a great bunch of people here! Thanks jman. :)

c s I think you've got a couple of vote catchers there. I think the cat jumped on me and I only wrote 1 and didn't put 0 after it. (That sounds plausible Shawna !)

Here's my two - couple of tearjerkers;

We haven't been able to get Willie and Ray in by themselves, so -

Seven Spanish Angels - Willie Nelson & Ray Charles

Tears In Heaven - Eric Clapton

Sounds of Silence Simon and Garfunkel. "Plastics" I think The Graduate was the first "R" rated movie I went to.

Wow, I´ll vote this one, obviously... but I wonder how old you´re supposed to be in America to watch "R" rated movies? I thought it was 18...