The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

Yes, Lobo was good edna. If "want me" doesn't make the Ten I might nominate one of his other Hits: Me And You And A Dog Named Boo, Don't Expect Me To Be Your Friend or Where Were You When I Was Falling In Love.

Or maybe I'll re-nominate it when the opposition isn't so hot.

:)

JUST FIVE MORE TO VOTE:

bazooka

Elvish

Kevin

steel magnolia

Steel2Velvet

and of course any of our regulars who may not have nominated this time.

:guitar:

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1- In The Garden ~ Susan Tedeschi

2-Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) ~ Green Day

3-Hurt ~ Johnny Cash

4-Daytripper ~ Beatles

5-Green River ~ Creedence Clearwater Revival

6-Sloop John B ~ The Beach Boys

7-Tempted ~ Squeeze

8-Sugar Mountain ~ Neil Young

9-My Back Pages ~ The Byrds

10-Kentucky Rain ~ Elvis Presley

1] London Calling - The Clash

2] Day Tripper - The Beatles

3] In The Garden - Susan Tedeschi

4] Tempted - Squeeze

5] Rag Mama Rag - The Band

6] Dance To The Music - Sly And The Family Stone

7] Stranger, The - Billy Joel

8] These Arms of Mine - Otis Redding

9] Treat Her Like A Lady - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

10] I'd Love You To Want Me - Lobo

1. Scenes From An Italian Restaurant - Billy Joel

2. I Only Want To Be With You - Dusty Springfield

3. No Ordinary Love - Sade

4. Green River - Creedence Clearwater Revival

5. Day Tripper - The Beatles

6. If You Could Read My Mind - Gordon Lightfoot

7. Sara Smile - Hall and Oates

8. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

9. Summer In The City - The Lovin Spoonful

10. Treat Her Like A Lady - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

1. In The Garden - Susan Tedeschi

2. Hurt - Johnny Cash

3. These Arms of Mine - Otis Redding

4. Sara Smile - Hall and Oates

5. Good Riddance (Time of Your Life) - Green Day

6. Have You Ever Seen The Rain - Creedence Clearwater Revival

7. Crazy On You - Heart

8. Dance With Me - Orleans

9. Treat Her Like A Lady - Cornelius Brothers & Sister Rose

10.Rocky Mountain Way - Joe Walsh

CCR were always great value for your $1 (cost of a 45 rpm vinyl record back then). Their "B" sides could have stood alone. My favorite double sided hit of theirs is Bad Moon Rising/ Lodi. I'm wondering what your 3rd favorite of their's is CanAm ?

Linda Ronstadt is one of my favorite female artists. I have her "Greatest Hits" 1 and 2 on CD and other older albums on vinyl. And I left out Heatwave. What a traitor !

:P

Who'll Stop The Rain which I'm listening to at this very moment. I may have to nominate it at some point.

Darryl, I agree with you wholeheartedly about C.C.R. I can't think of one song of theirs that I don't like. I think John Fogerty is one of the greatest singer/songwriters of the rock era.

I really look forward to seeing the final result of this round of voting.

Thanks again for all your hard work and your brilliant idea. Cheers!! :coolio:

CCR is one of my favorite bands. I love their lyrics and "bayou" sound. I agree with you CanAm on John Fogerty.

CCR is an answer to a rock trivia question. The group that had the most number 2 hits that didn't make it to number 1.

rtstuff

"Some folks inherit star spangled eyes

Ooh they send you down to war,Lord,

and when you ask them "How much should we give?"

Ooh they only answer more, more, more.

Fortunate Son.

Well I think our #1 has surfaced, and CCR might get two songs in the Top Ten. It's very close again. Might be a few 'surprises' I think.

Great to see Peaches back ! Just Kevin to vote, but I haven't seen him around the last couple of days. He hasn't been banned again, has he ?

We'll wait for another day - let's see it's 11.00 AM Saturday here, so I'll post Top Ten #7 about 9.00 AM tomorrow Oz Eastern time.

Thanks CanAm. It's great that this thread has caught on. :)

Who'll Stop The Rain is one of my CCR favorites too. If you pinned me down, I'd probably go for Lodi, but I can't think of a bad song of theirs. John Fogerty is brilliant.

rt, I agree that CCR is the best Band never to have a U.S. #1 (and Gene Pitney the best solo artist not to have one). All the 'younger generation' seem to know Fortunate Son from the Forrest Gump soundtrack. I think it's one of the best anti - war songs ever written.

:guitar:

the man from the magazine

said I was on my way

somewhere I lost connections

ran out of songs to play ......

I'm completely with you guys about CCR. At one time I had every album. The only reason I haven't nominated them is I can't decide which I would nominate. CanAm if you nominate Who'll stop the Rain, I'll have to vote for it, and if you don't I may have to. I saw John Fogerty in concert last year, because I won the tickets. How'd I win them? Because I held and stared at the album covers so long as a kid, I could just see the words "Fantasy Records" across the top of each album. That was the question, what label did they record on. I didn't have to think twice, google, nothing. I knew. I met Fogerty and John Mellencamp backstage after the show. It was interesting, Mellencamp was supposed to be the headliner, but the respect and defference he seemed to show to Fogerty was very telling I thought.

I guess you see I kind of like CCR. :crazy: This is getting harder each time, and I agonize every time I nominate or pick my top ten.

Lucky you CeeCee. I like John Mellencamp, but I'd 'defer' to John Fogerty too.

I still think multiple nominations of the same Band splits their vote !

Kevin's online now. HI KEVIN ! If he votes today, I'll close off this Top Ten. It looks like the "5 day cycle" or "multiples of 5" may work after all.

What a resposibility Kevin. There's 6 songs with only 4 Points separating them ! Steady as she goes.

I have to agree with the splitting thing. I had that problem with the Stones last time. I haven't and probably won't nominate anything by the Stones, and they are my favorite band. I'll leave that to others, they've done well, and my picks probably wouldn't be anyone elses.

Same with CCR. I left out Green River this time CC. :P

You wouldn't believe how close these votes are for third to twelfth places !

Oh, Kevin's voted ! Give me 10 minutes and I'll be back with the Top Ten.

Edited by Guest

I honestly didn't ! :neener: Now, I feel like Al Gore, or something ... :P :laughing:

I had my top 5 picks in mind for awhile ( though I could still change their rankings .. ) , but couldn't finish the list ... and thought I'd wait till today . I could easily revise my last five in a heartbeat ... I've been sitting here for the last 10 minutes humming each tune to myself trying to decide ...Oh , well , it'll do .

I surprised myself with " Don't Dream It's Over " - must be feeling mellow this morning . " Hey now, HEYYY NOW ..." :cool: :grin:

You made it a bit easier Kevin - eliminated a couple of ties we had. Thanks Mate and everybody else who voted of course ! A record 28 Voters this time.

HERE IT IS.....

sf_songfactorschoicetop10.jpg

Top Ten #7 For Period Ending 5TH MAY.

1. DAY TRIPPER - THE BEATLES

2. HAVE YOU EVER SEEN THE RAIN - CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL

3. THE AIR THAT I BREATHE - THE HOLLIES

4. I ONLY WANT TO BE WITH YOU - DUSTY SPRINGFIELD

5. GREEN RIVER - CREEDENCE CLEARWATER REVIVAL

6. GOOD RIDDANCE (TIME OF YOUR LIFE) - GREEN DAY

7. IF YOU COULD READ MY MIND - GORDON LIGHTFOOT

8. HURT - JOHNNY CASH

9. CRAZY ON YOU - HEART

10.I'D LOVE TO CHANGE THE WORLD - TEN YEARS AFTER

A very diverse Top Ten I'd say! Well done everyone. :)

PLEASE HOLD THE NEW NOMINATIONS FOR A DAY. All Feedback on this Top Ten will be very much appreciated. Also, I'll list out all the nominations later with the Points gained by each.

Hmm . Well , like Cee-Cee , I don't wanna nominate any Beatles or Stones cause they grab alot of attention . I don't wanna see 2 songs by the same group in the list ( though both are great ) - just a ' thing ' with me , and that Greenday song has become so commercial now that I can't stand it .

Otherwise , great list ! :headphones: :thumbsup:

Good on you Kevin, nice summation. I'd prefer not to see multiple nominations for the same Artist too, but we won't make it a 'rule'. I was really pleased to see the songs by the Hollies, Dusty Springfield and Gordon Lightfoot make it. I don't know the Johnny Cash one ! I'll have to acquire it. (Young 55 tells me it's a fairly recent cover of a Nine Inch Nails' song).