The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Darryl...

First thanks for the Old 55 Rockeet Science system. Works so much better than staring at the monitor and talking to myself. :stars:

Second, using that system last night I picked 20. What I found was that I was bumping the last 6 or 7 songs from the "really good" column to the "I love this frickin song!" column. They were songs that I would not have put onto a top ten ever. So, I can go whichever way the wind blows, but ten seems best to me.

Enjoy the darlings (the parents too). Now someone (not mentioning names here, but it rhymes with heaven)can call you sappy! :)

Fair enough ! We'll stick to the Top Ten. I was a bit worried that picking 20 might be a deterrant anyway. We want as many voters as we can get.

Thanks for your replies. I'm pleased that you feel comfortable to give me your opinions freely and openly - I take that as a compliment.

I'll leave the nominations open overnight (it's approaching 10.00 PM Friday here) and close them tomorrow morning around 8.00 - 9.00 AM our time (depending on when I roll out of bed). It might be the last sleep-in we get while the Grandkids are here.

:)

Darryl...Enjoy the darlings (the parents too). Now someone (not mentioning names here, but it rhymes with heaven)can call you sappy! :)

Thanks CeeCee. I am unashamedly sappy where my Family are concerned, especially my grandaughter and grandson. I wish our other 4 "kids" would get married and give us some more to spoil. Although Young55 is only 23.

:D

I don't want you to run yourself ragged. :grin:

Not much chance of that dear Peaches, although mopping the floors yesterday wasn't much fun. The kids will only make it dirty again.

;)

Hey Katie - look what's #1 in the Songfacts Daily Top Ten ! :thumbsup:

What I do when selecting the tope ten is to paste the whole thing into my reply and then delete the ones I don't want, leaving only the ones I like. Then I leave the most preferable ones and keep deleting till I'm left with 10 and then I shuffle those around in the order I want.

I agree with you on Sleepwalk OLD 55. The only other one that I can think of right off hand might be Green Onions by Booker T. and the MG's

In the scene from LaBamba right after the plane crashes Sleepwalk is playing in the background. That scene truly does feel like the "Day the Music Died".

rtstuff

What I do when selecting the tope ten is to paste the whole thing into my reply and then delete the ones I don't want, leaving only the ones I like. Then I leave the most preferable ones and keep deleting till I'm left with 10 and then I shuffle those around in the order I want.

I´m proud to be her friend... ;) :bow:

Can we start voting? :P

I do the same thing. It's so much easier that way and then you are sure that you don't leave out a song.

Edited by Guest

Pen and Paper? How primitive. :)

Okay, okay, since I apparently can't nominate a Who song without it showing up in the top 10.. :(

I picked Low Spark of High Heeled Boys by Traffic as my final answer replacement. No lifelines, no 50/50. That's my answer, Regis.

Thanks Elvish ! I won't reveal it yet. ;)

NOMINATIONS ARE CLOSED. LET THE TOP TEN #3 VOTING BEGIN !!!

96 Tears - ?(Question Mark) & The Mysterians

Africa - Toto

Almost Cut My Hair - C.S.N.&Y.

Bang A Gong (Get It On) - T.Rex

Brass In Pocket (I'm Special) - The Pretenders

Budapest - Jethro Tull

Can't You See? - The Marshall Tucker Band

Caravan - Van Morrison

Crimson And Clover - Tommy James And The Shondells

Crossroads - Cream

Crumblin' Down - John Cougar Mellencamp

Do You Believe In Magic - The Lovin' Spoonful

Edge of Seventeen - Stevie Nicks

Epitaph - King Crimson

Every Rose Has It's Thorn - Poison

Expressway To Your Heart - Soul Survivors

Fearless - Pink Floyd

Groovin - The Young Rascals

I Got You - Split Enz

In Your Eyes - Peter Gabriel

Kiss On My List - Hall and Oates

Knocks Me Off My Feet - Stevie Wonder

Let It Ride - Bachman-Turner Overdrive

Loner, The - Neil Young

Low Spark of High Heeled Boys - Traffic

Mr. Soul - Buffalo Springfield

Monday, Monday - The Mamas & The Papas

Money for Nothing - Dire Straits

My Old School - Steely Dan

Not Fade Away - Buddy Holly

Overjoyed - Stevie Wonder

Pretender, The - Jackson Browne

Radio Ga-Ga - Queen

Simple Man - Lynyrd Skynyrd

Sitting - Cat Stevens

Six Months In A Leaky Boat - Split Enz

Sleepwalk - Santo & Johnny

Spit On A Stranger - Nickel Creek

Stand By Me - Ben E King

Suddenly Last Summer - The Motels

Sympathy For The Devil - The Rolling Stones

Texas Flood - Stevie Ray Vaughan

Three Little Birds - Bob Marley & The Wailers

To Love Somebody - The Bee Gees

Video Killed The Radio Star - The Buggles

What's the Frequency, Kenneth? - R.E.M.

Wish You Were Here - Pink Floyd

Whipping Post - The Allman Brothers Band

Who Do You Love? - George Thorogood & The Destroyers

You Dropped A Bomb On Me - The Gap Band

:headphones:

This is SOOOOO exciting!!!! I can hardly wait until top ten #4 commences. Here is my top ten list for this go round:

Do You Believe In Magic

Crimson & Clover

Groovin'

Let It Ride

Monday, Monday

Africa

Whipping Post

Money For Nothing

My Old School

Crumblin' Down

:coolio: :coolio: :coolio: :coolio: