The Original Songfactors' Choice Top Ten Lists 1 to 9

A couple of other Songfactors I've spoken to agree with me that we're tired of seeing the same old songs in the Songfacts Daily and Weekly Top Tens.

What do you think ? How about we start our own. No obscure Album Tracks please.

Two nominations per person and then we take a democratic consensus to narrow them down to 10. We'll see how much support the thread receives, and then decide on how often the Top Ten appears. It mightn't even get off the ground.

Here's my two nominations. I notice I've been playing them a bit lately. It doesn't mean they're my 2 all time favorite songs, but I like them very much !

Runaway / Del Shannon

What A Fool Believes / Doobie Brothers

What would YOU like to see included in a Top Ten ?

:)

Edited by Guest

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think anyone decides who's on it.

That's the point Batman. I'm attempting to start one of our choice.

Let's have your two nominations. :)

Thanks to those who have participated so far. I don't know some of the songs, but that's what it's all about; a cross section of what we all like. We'll need a few more before we can take a "poll".

Here's the 22 songs nominated to date.

All Along The Watchtower - Jimi Hendrix

And Your Bird Can Sing - The Beatles

Baby Let's Play House - Elvis Presley

Bodhisattva - Steely Dan

Day After Day - Badfinger

Daydeam Believer - The Monkees

Gallows Pole - Led Zeppelin

Good Lovin' - The Rascals

Here Comes The Night - Them

Hey 19 - Steely Dan

Highway Star - Deep Purple

Hot Legs - Rod Stewart

Johnny B. Goode - Chuck Berry

Locomotive Breath - Jethro Tull

Mighty Quinn - Manfred Mann

My Sharona - The Knack

Oliver's Army - Elvis Costello

Rock And Roll All Nite - Kiss

Runaway - Del Shannon

Slip Kid - The Who

Torn And Frayed - The Rolling Stones

What A Fool Believes - The Doobie Brothers

Hoping to hear from lots more Songfactors so we can put together a good cross section for a Top Ten of our choice.

:guitar:

PLEASE NOTE:

THIS IS NOT INTENDED AS A REPLACEMENT FOR THE SONGFACTS TOP TENS ! I'M SORRY IF I MAY HAVE CONVEYED THAT IMPRESSION IN ANY WAY.

I certainly wouldn't be so rude to Carl as to try to "take over" the existing Songfacts' Top Tens. This is A Top Ten confined to this Thread.

A friend just drew this to my attention. Good Heavens. :P

I don't think anyone would mistake you for intending to be rude , Darryl ! Like Batman , though , I thought that perhaps you were suggesting it would be a good idea to replace that info with suggestions from within the forums -- a fair suggestion , I think ; one that I've thought would be better than looking at a fairly rigid list , too , from time-to time ...

"Rock The Casbah" -- The Clash : most can sing along with the chorus , but there is a rather interesting bit of imagery in the lyrical 'story' .

"Wicked Game " --Chris Isaak : can't get enough of this melody !

Thanks Kevin ! I'd say both of those will undoubtedly receive support. ;)

Thanks Batman also. I didn't know the Songfacts Top Tens were decided by "hits" on the songs. I'm off to click on Achy Breaky Heart a few times.

Edited by Guest
THANKS GUYS !

Well I couldn't get any more takers. :P

Again I stress that this is in no way meant to replace the Songfacts Daily/ Weekly Top Tens. I thought a few more of you may have responded to the opportunity to nominate 2 songs for inclusion in a Top Ten of our own choosing.

Thanks to the dozen people who have.