Upbeat rock song for audition

SoulGirl

okay, this is getting to be a bit of a habit but now my best friend is auditioning for a role in the same musical so i'm back to my old faithful songfactor friends for help!

my friend is a girl so she is looking for an 'upbeat rock song' for the female voice. her background is in musical theatre and classical so she would be more familiar with ballads than rock songs. the main problem is that i can only think of rock songs for the female voice that have quite a limited range, whereas it is obviously important for her to be able to show off what she can do!

again, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated! i promise this is the last time!!!

Just adapt a song sung by a male, for a female like the way Diana Krall did for her album of Nat King Cole songs.

Jackie Wilson tears it up on

Lonely Teardrops

or

(You're Love Keeps Lifting Me)Higher and Higher

Blue Bayou - Roy Orbison

or

Take Me in Your Arms (Rock Me a Little While) - Kim Weston

or

Crazy by Patsy Cline

is a nice ballad

an upbeat country song is

Three Days - k.d. lang

or maybe

Tell Mama - Etta James

That'll Be the Day - Linda Ronstadt

(Love Is Like A) Heat Wave - Linda Ronstadt version

i thought of stevie too laurie!

great suggestions, bluesboy - 'that'll be the day' is a great song!

sorry brad, i didn't express myself very clearly - although she is more familiar with ballads she has to do an upbeat rock song - so she won't have heard of anything too obscure!

thanks again guys, you're all fab!!!

so it seems she has decided to do 'one way or another' which is a pretty good choice, even though the melody is a little repetitive but at least she knows it quite well already which helps!

thanks again guys - you're all so obliging and helpful, i really appreciate it!