Upbeat rock song for audition

SoulGirl

hey you guys!

my brother is auditioning on monday for a musical and they asked him to prepare an 'upbeat rock song' for the audition. i said i would come to you smart, kind folks for some suggestions! it would be helpful for him to know the song already since he has to prepare it in the next few days but any suggestions would be welcome!! :D

i'm afraid to jinx it by talking about it too much!! (seem to be having a very superstitious day!) it's a musical version of 'the full monty' that will be touring ireland. it would be sixteen weeks of work for him but he's not sure if he can combine it with college.

I'm Down - The Beatles

Shout - Isley Brothers

I Want You To Want Me - Cheap Trick

Most anything by CCR

Crocodile Rock - Elton John

Elvis Costello - Veronica

I Got Life or Hair - from "Hair"

Are You Gonna Be My Girl - Jet

Crazy Little Thing Called Love - Queen

It's The End Of The World...-R.E.M.

he can more or less sing anything, sickening as that is to me as his competitive older sister! my boy suggested crocodile rock too, das! i was thinking elton john would be good! it needs to sound good with just piano accompaniment. i suggested 'take your mama' by scissor sisters too but unfortunately the audition is coming at the end of a hard week of partying so his falsetto is a little weaker than usual. some excellent suggestions people, keep em coming! :thumbsup:

sorry to disappoint, brad! ;)

well guys, after nearly two weeks solid of partying and hardly coming home, my brother finally came home this morning and i had to practically force him to pick a song and get sorted for the audition tomorrow morning! he wanted to pull out which would be a baaaad idea because it's career suicide to turn down an offer in the irish theatre scene from anyone!

so, given the limited time he had to pick a song he already knew and on my friend's advice he's gone for 'let me entertain you' by robbie williams. it's a bit more pop than rock but it'll do! and he has 'mustang sally' ready as a back-up. i found the sheet music for him and reminded him to print out a theatre cv. i'm seriously thinking i deserve a commission on his wages if he gets the part!!

incidentally, my friend showed us the most amazing website at www.sheetmusicdirect.com. you can buy the sheet music of any song they have on directory for three euro and even transpose it automatically to the key you need! truly incredible!!

so anyway, thank you all for your help and great suggestions - you are all fab and always ever so helpful!! i'll keep them on file for any future auditions!!