The Three Stooges.

Ken

three20stooges6og.jpg

This is the place to discuss them. It would be nice if we could leave the individual history threads as simply the place to read about these remarkable men and utilize this thread for discussion. Favorite shorts, favorite Stooge, interesting tidbits, etc.

My own favorite was always Larry. He always meant well, and was always getting clobbered, hair pulled out, nose twisted with pliers.

My favorite short was the one with Curly, the bowl of chowder, and that damn clam that kept alternately eating his cracker and spitting at him. My second favorite is the classic "A Plumbin' We Will Go".

Ken.

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks for all the great information about the Stooges, Ken. I've been away on a holiday and I haven't visited Songfacts for over a month.

I'm a huge fan of the Three Stooges. My favourite Stooge is Shemp, although I like all of them.

My favourite shorts (at least of those I can remember) are Sing A Song Of Six Pants (in which Shemp has a hilarious run-in with an ironing board) and Rockin' Thru The Rockies in which the Stooges are hired as bodyguards by Nell's Belles and must get the women to their show in San Francisco safely and on time.

Sadly, the Stooges with Joe Besser and Curly Joe DeRita were a pale imitation of the group in its heyday during the 1930's and 40's.

I think the thing that always amazed me the most about the Stooges was their ability to do such demanding physical comedy despite their less than athletic physiques. Curly, in particular, was remarkably agile for such a portly guy.

I have about 25 of the classic Stooges shorts on DVD but I am always looking to acquire more. If you know where I can find Stooges shorts on DVD or VHS, I would appreciate it if you could let me know.

Once again, thanks for the fascinating info. about the Stooges.

:coolio: :coolio: :coolio:

Hello, CanAm!!! :) Hope you had some good vacaction!

I know Amazon sells lots of Three Stooges DVD, I don´t know which ones you have already but you can check it on line. I saw some ten or twelve DVDs at my brother´s place, he buys them in New York... if you plan a trip to Manhattan I can ask him where to find it.

Wow, that picture takes me back to the late fifties... :P

Random Stooge-isms

Moe: Boy, you got brains like Napoleon.

Larry: Napoleon's dead.

Moe: I know it.

Moe: Weigh the anchor!

Curly: Forty-two pounds!

Moe: There's enough gold here to get little Jimmy an operation!

Curly: There's enough gold here to get ALL of us an operation!

Curly: How are we gonna get in pictures? We don't know nothin' about makin' movies!

Moe: There's a couple of thousand people in pictures now who know nothing about it. Three more won't make any difference.

Fire Chief: If this were the army I'd have you shot at sunrise!

Curly: But you couldn't do that, cap, we don't get up that early!