Any MJ Fans?

choccyclaire

Wow! It's like it suddenly rained Michael Jackson fans here.

Steel....I was thinking the same thing. All of a sudden MJ fans are coming out of the seams.

Well, to all of you MJ fans the following is a true story. I have mentioned it here once before in the past.

I was fortunate (at least to me it was fortunate at the time) to meet Michael Jackson and shake his hand. This was way before he began to change. He was still a teenager.

I was 17 and working at the Loew's Orpheum movie theatre in Manhattan, NY over on 86th street. It was the summer of 1977 and Star Wars, which was the biggest movie to ever hit this planet was playing there. I had heard Michael was in the theatre watching the movie and I had missed him coming in. After the movie he had come out with his sister LaToya. While they were waiting on their limo I took the opportunity to walk over to him and tell him that "I'll Be There" was my favorite song of all time (it still is). He gave that high pitched giggle and said thanks. He asked me my name of which I told him Jimmy and he said nice meeting you. That whole thing took less than a minute.

To tell you the truth I was just as impressed with LaToya who was simply gorgeous back then.

Working in movie theatres in NYC does give you the opportunity to meet many celebrities since they go to the movies also. I did meet others (Al Pacino, Roy Scheider, Dr. Renee Richards, etc.) but none more important to me at the time than Michael.

Another point about this influx of MJ fans. They all seem to be young since they are speaking of his post Thriller albums and songs. You guys should go back to the beginning when Michael and his brothers were the top act out of Motown. That music was just as great if not better.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

S2V wrote:

Wow! It's like it suddenly rained Michael Jackson fans here...Coincidence or concentrated effort?

Yes, too much of a coincidence.

I think it's Foxy, Aunt Acid, Karhul and maybe a few others in cognito.

What better way to disquise yourself than as a Michael Jackson fan? :laughing:

Visual Interlude:

KissUnmasked.gif

S2V wrote:

Yes, too much of a coincidence.

I think it's Foxy, Aunt Acid, Karhul and maybe a few others in cognito.

It must be a joke... :shades:

Or some fan registering under seven different identities... and all the registration numbers go from 56175 to 56188... Maybe the MJ Squad planning some hijacking of the threads as a revenge? :laughing:

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: Thriller!!! :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

It must be a joke...

Or some fan registering under seven different identities... and all the registration numbers go from 56175 to 56188... Maybe the MJ Squad planning some hijacking of the threads as a revenge?

Perhaps we all should band together and fight off this Michael Jackson conspiracy by talking about Donny Osmond and the Osmonds!!

I was a huge fan of his in the '80's. My brother, sister and I wore the grooves off of our "Thriller" album (yes, album...remember those?).

The last thing I heard from him, that song "You Rock My World" sounded too much like the '80's. He needs to evolve and get in touch with what is going on today, and unfortunately, I don't think he is.

I think that the child molestation trial pretty much ruined his chances for a comeback, at least any time soon.

I think that the child molestation trial pretty much ruined his chances for a comeback, at least any time soon.

Sure. Pity. I loved The Jackson Five and liked very much the early Michael Jackson. But his last albums were boring so I´m not judging him upon his behaviour but his music.

Now, what about the songfactors molestation? :P:P:P

Now, what about the songfactors molestation? :P:P:P

Good point, Edna.

We welcome new people and posts with content, but anyone spamming or being disruptive is subject to having their posts removed and/or banning.

Just a friendly warning for the bevy of MJ fans ;)

The Smiths. Not a good contribution to music.

Johnny Marr: highly innovative guitarist and tunesmith. Often imitated, never equalled.

Morrissey: one of the very few rock/pop lyricists who could also be described as a poet, as well as being a more than passable singer, capable of conveying a diversity of genuine emotions. A unique, original and enigmatic character, not interested in being anyone other than himself.

In combination: creators of sublime, inspiring, original and thought-provoking music,(there aren't so many of those around, probably never have been...). The single most significant British band of the 80s, as well as the most influential upon the 90s Britpop explosion, most specifically Oasis, Pulp and even the Manic Street Preachers. Their influence is still pervasive, on British indie/rock at least, twenty plus years after their debut.

Johnny Marr: highly innovative guitarist and tunesmith. Often imitated, never equalled.

Morrissey: one of the very few rock/pop lyricists who could also be described as a poet, as well as being a more than passable singer, capable of conveying a diversity of genuine emotions. A unique, original and enigmatic character, not interested in being anyone other than himself.

In combination: creators of sublime, inspiring, original and thought-provoking music,(there aren't so many of those around, probably never have been...). The single most significant British band of the 80s, as well as the most influential upon the 90s Britpop explosion, most specifically Oasis, Pulp and even the Manic Street Preachers. Their influence is still pervasive, on British indie/rock at least, twenty plus years after their debut.

Anytime I hear a Smiths song, I feel like I should lock myself in my room and cry. Johnny Marr was decent guitarist when it came to that ringing guitar sound. There were better. Morrissey is just full of himself. We get it already, you're depressed.

I don't really see how they can be underrated considering critics give them nothing but praise, yet few people of younger generations actually want to listen to them these days. Furthermore, their music is not aging very well. I don't deny they've had many followers. I like those bands you listed, yet I'm sure I'd like their music even more had it not been heavily influenced by the Smiths.

thank you b-f!!!! :bow: