Question about audio equipment.

rtstuff

Since all of us here enjoy listening to music I was wondering if you guys and gals wouldn't mind discussing some of the equipment that you listen to your music on while your relaxing. I enjoy hearing about the various types of audio equipment.

I have mainly Onkyo equipment. My reciever, CD turntable are Onkyo. I have a Hitachi DVD player and a pair of Mordant-Short speakers. I have been pretty much satisfied with everything so far. I think the next piece of equipment I invest in will be a DVD recorder.

What brand of DVD recorder would some of you suggest?

rtstuff

Huntington, West Virginia where it's almost Spring! Yeaaaaaaaaaaa!

I still use my Fisher 1,000 Watt receiver, turntable, dual tape deck and speakers (1977)along with my Sony CD Player (1989)and Panasonic DVD Player (2002)and on rare occasions my Sears VHS video player/recorder (1985). They are all connected to my Magnavox 31" stereo TV (1989). I take extremely good care of all of my units and expect them to operate efficiently forever.

Oddly enough, considering I have a little recording studio in my basement, I don't own an actual stereo sytem.

I have an mp3 player that I use the most, and various and sundry little CD/tape players. My crown jewel is a really old Zenith record player - one of the 1970's versions that's an actual piece of furniture. It's about 5 feet wide. I have some great old Bang & Olufsen speakers for it.

At home I mostly just use the DVD player that's connected to my gigantic TV. The speakers in that are way better than anything else I have. We also have a Sirius home unit that works pretty well, when you can't be bothered with changing discs and whatnot.

We have a Bose homestyle system...plays 6 CD's and has its own speakers. The speakers are hooked up to TV and DVD player as well. Our DVD player is a GoVideo one that plays DVDs and videos.

At work I have a portable Sony CD/tape player, plus I can use my computer, but the media player on our network is slow and I'm afraid to update it and get yelled at by I.T.

I also have a BOSE system in my car. It came with it when I bought the car.

My husband wants Sirius radio for his birthday...

oh, i'm so jealous jenny, bose speakers are soooo cool!

right now, i have a pathetic little portable philips cd player that my brother said i should be embarassed about! he is planning to send me a surround system and i might bother upgrading the rest of my equipment if and when that happens

i have a lovely 40gb ipod which is great :)

I always had a medium/humble music equipment at home. Now the turntable is a nice Grundig. The amp isn´t working as it should and I miss a fantastic Pioneer I had in another place... and the speakers are 30 years old but they´re still perfect, they were made at home by a sound engineer. I don´t know what the cds are, we have some portable ones and the main one is as strange brand.

Sirius satellite radio doesn't reach here, since "most of the audience is on the continent." (North America, that is.) The Advent and AR speakers of the bass reflex vs. acounstic suspension audio wars of long ago now function as sturdy tables. AM/FM radio is now handled by a monaural portable unit, with the arrival "one size fits all markets" corporate radio. I'm (slightly) more interested in video, though it's in the form of "more than one" VHS unit instead of Tivo. Dedicated audio is handled by 192K/sec. AAC ripped from music CDs, since ITMS files downloaded via dialup have that "AFN shortwave broadcast" quality. The earbuds and headphones are by Sennheiser and AKG, respectively, since Apple earbuds sound subpar. It's a very different world, and "Stereo Review" magazine is a fading memory from the open reel tape recorder days. I sometimes wonder if I could get quasi-SACD surround sound from Ye Olde AKG K240s. :stars:

oh, i'm so jealous jenny, bose speakers are soooo cool!

My husband is a gadget-head, so he will go nuts for the latest thing, while I nag about wanting a new floor put on the kitchen.

That being said, neither of us has iPods or any kind of mp3 player. Maybe when our daughter is old enough to have one, we'll all get them.