Gnarls Barkley

Earth-Angel

Listen & See

The single "Crazy" has been one of the most requested songs on the radio in the past weeks, and for those in the UK, you will recognise this as the ad tune for the Zane Louw commercial (Radio 1 DJ).

Insanely catchy and one of the best songs I have heard in a long while, the single is released on April 10th and I can't wait to get my copy!

Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo and DJ Danger Mouse have teamed up and announced they're releasing an album under the name Gnarls Barkley.

"We are the perfect combination," Cee-Lo stated. "This album is one of the best platforms for me to express all of me. I get to expand my range and hit all categories from Urban, Crossover, Pop and Rock & Roll."

Danger Mouse, who received massive press for mixing Jay-Z's Black Album with The Beatles' White Album to produce the Grey Album, recently produced the Gorillaz album and was named one of GQ's Men of the Year.

His Grey Album was chosen as Album of the Year by Entertainment Weekly and has been the catalyst for his current popularity.

"Danger Mouse's production is so futuristic and my lyrics are used as a vehicle to bring it home," Cee-Lo continued.

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, it's doing really ridiculously well!

Gnarls Barkley Makes History In The UK

By Clarence Burke Jr.

Date: 4/3/2006 9:15 am

Recently changed chart rules helped Gnarls Barkley's new single "Crazy" hit the top of the UK's single chart, making history in the process.

The song is the first Internet single to reach #1 on the UK singles chart without selling any physical copies.

Gnarls Barkley consists of Goodie Mob member Cee-Lo and DJ Danger Mouse.

The single was first released on the Internet for download after being promoted on a popular Radio 1 show hosted by Zane Lowe.

"Crazy" was downloaded over 31,000 downloads a times and sent the former #1 song, "So Sick"by Ne-Yo to the number two position.

"This not only represents a watershed in how the charts are compiled, but shows that legal downloads have come of age," HMV spokesman Gennaro Castaldo said in a statement. "Downloads have given the singles market a massive boost and retailers such as HMV are now selling more and more through their digital music services."

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I agree, and I'm almost 50 years older than you. Earth-Angel nominated it in the "Songfactors' Choice Top 10". I was curious, had a listen to it, and now it's on my Play List. If she nominates it again I'll vote for it next time.

• 2 weeks later...

Where can I listen to it? When I click on "Listen to Live Lounge" I only get the whole Interview (35 min)...

Farin, if you open it up in IE (Firefox and Opera somehow don't support the fast forward function) click on Listen to the Live Lounge, then forward to either 10 mins (and wait 3 or 4 to hear the start of the song) or 15 mins to get her in the first verse.

It's a really beautiful cover and reminds me how fantastic her voice is!