Songfacts 'Show and Tell '

Kevin

my proudest possession is my doll's house that my grand- and godfather made for me from scratch when i was six. he was a genius and the attention to detail is astounding. the front doors open out and the back slides off so you have full access to all the rooms. one room has sliding doors. every room has a working light and different wallpaper, with red check for the kitchen. there's a balcony on the first floor. he used soft wood for the roof and used a pencil and ruler to mark out what looks remarkably like roof-tiling. he asked me what colour i wanted the roof to be and i said green. he asked if i was sure and i said yes. so the roof is green! it's the most beautiful thing i own and such a special memory of my grandfather.

not really a possesion per se, but i love my memory box. it's a red satin-like box that once must have been filled with chocolates for valentines day. I assembled it before i left for london about 5half years ago. inside are photos of my two best friends, who went to study in the states, my late dogs collar, two forever friends pencil decorations that another friend gave me, the letter my best boy friend gave me when he came to say goodbye at the airport and a little stuffed mouse, a love letter that some old boyfriend had written to me and a cigarette but from a greek celebrity me and one of my best friend were in love with (maybe it's time for the latter two to go :P )

I have a deed to one square inch of land in the Yukon. I purchased this estate back the mid 50's by sending in boxtops from Shredded Wheat cereal.

I still hold the deed. It is framed and hanging in my office.

In 1968 I wrote to General Mills and the Co. who had held title to the land. They told me that the deed may have value as a collectors' item but that I could not lay claim to the land. I didn't even own the mineral rights.

I still value my Square Inch of Land In The Yukon. Along with my Superman T-Shirt, my Captain Midnight decoder ring and cocoa mug and my Winky Dink And You Magic TV Screen.

Go ahead. Make me an offer.