Bridging the Void

scott

I started this last night, and I only have one verse and the chorus, but I think that this is the best thing I've ever written (at least the best chorus) I'm posting the early version just in case I lose it, or forget about it, having it on the net should remind me to finish it. :laughing:

Bridging the Void

Look at you my smiling friend

This crap will be your end

Your hopes have all become injected

That's your one method to mend

Single way to attend

See your arm starting to bend

Your fate's already been elected

One thing on which to depend

Easy way to pretend

My soul is what I can't lend

What the hell has happened

Your dreams have all become infected

A feeling he couldn't avoid

He was bridging the void

Through his left arm he was destroyed

He was bridging the void

All it did was leave him devoid

Well I looked back at it and saw how you could see that

"Through his left arm he was destroyed" :laughing: (for anyone who couldn't see that) but no, no it isn't :laughing:

Funny how it could be interpreted that way though.

In reality though it's about something much more serious, you see the other day I ran in to an old friend that I haven't seen for about a year and he was really messed up, he looked awful and then I noticed the track marks.......

So then I went home and started to write "Bridging the Void"

I never really give any thought to the music, I just write the words (I'm starting a band soon though so I better work on it) but it would be a mellow song, not Pink Floyd mellow, more like Pearl Jam mellow like "Black" or like Nirvana's "Something In the Way" very much an alt rock type song though (in my eyes)

What's this post about? Oh yeah my song :laughing: Now back on topic, one of the more subtle things about this is the syllable/rhyme scheme, I doubt many people have bothered to notice it (the more observant of these boards probably have (*cough*Bobo*cough*Muzik) ::

But the syllables go

and then lines with 9 rhyme and lines with 7 and 6 rhyme, tada

chorus is simpler it all rhymes and it goes

:rockon:

I started this last night, and I only have one verse and the chorus, but I think that this is the best thing I've ever written (at least the best chorus) I'm posting the early version just in case I lose it, or forget about it, having it on the net should remind me to finish it. :laughing:

Bridging the Void

Look at you my smiling friend

This crap will be your end

Your hopes have all become injected

That's your one method to mend

Single way to attend

See your arm starting to bend

Your fate's already been elected

One thing on which to depend

Easy way to pretend

My soul is what I can't lend

What the hell has happened

Your dreams have all become infected

A feeling he couldn't avoid

He was bridging the void

Through his left arm he was destroyed

He was bridging the void

All it did was leave him devoid

Usually what I do is I'll go for a walk (sometimes a short walk, sometimes very long, (I was out for 3 days once!)) if just sitting outside doesn't work, I'll bring along some food and water in a knapsack (this sounds so cheezy doesn't it) and some pens and pencils and a notebook, there's nothing better then a long, long walk to clear your head.

:doh:Forgot the most important thing I bring along, my CD player and all of my CDs!(and plenty of batteries of course!)

I'm huge into walking, keeps me in shape, let's me think, I love to run when I'm angry, it's a great way to get rid of all that passive agressive stuff, but I can't run that much without an adrenaline boost (like if I'm angry or being chased by the cops.....but that's another stor(y)(ies)!) because without the adrenaline, I'll well die :P I have sports ahstma so hard core activity without my inhaler or something like an adrenaline boost I'm pretty screwed. (I can run for about eight blocks before I start to you know...not breathe :laughing:)

I'm a rocker, through and through, though I'm into the more intelectual side of rock, I really love grunge and alt rock, Nirvana's my 2nd favorite band, my favorite is the almighty Beatles, I also have a certain affinity for Pearl Jam, RHCP, and then of course one of my favorites (probably right after Nirvana) is R.E.M. if you've never really bothered to listen to 'em I highly reccomend them, it's from R.E.M. that I get my poetic writing style (for a better example of the "poetic" side of my writing check out the first song under my "some recycled songs" post) I also love Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers :coolio:

:laughing:(I too have borrowed Cd's and all of those and accidently not given them back!)

If it's the latest "greatest hits" album I reccomend giving "E-bow the Letter" a listen to, the verses are brilliant beyond description, though the chorus is a little tiring (just the "I'll take you over" part, other then that it's the perfect song!)