Lost SPOILER Thread!

Elvish

• Replies 695
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ That kind of news makes me nervous now and I hope the writers were prepared for it or can come up with something reasonable to explain it . I really hope ' Lost ' isn't as loosely planned out as ' The X-Files ' seemed to be after the 2end or 3rd season where the ' main story ' , if you will , just started to seem directionless , pointless and random often . They gave you bits of what seemed linear , at times , but they really just dragged out the atmosphere rather than a real story and the series wound up leaving many rather puzzled and unsatisfied .

• 2 weeks later...

"Lost" cast members can't behave!

Lost star Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje was arrested for a traffic violation in Waikiki on Saturday, police tell the Associated Press.

The British actor, who plays Mr. Eko on the ABC series (which is filmed in Hawaii), was stopped for disobeying an officer and driving without a license.

After spending slightly more than six hours behind bars, he was released on $500 bail and told to appear in district court on Sept. 26, according to police.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje, 39, is the third member of the Lost cast to be busted for an auto-related incident in Hawaii. Last December, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested within minutes of each other on suspicion of driving while under the influence of alcohol.

Both pleaded guilty. Watros had her license suspended for 90 days and was fined $312. She was also ordered to undergo alcohol counseling.

Rodriguez, who had a previous drunken-driving conviction in Los Angeles and two speeding tickets in Honolulu, received five days in jail.

Six other cast members have been cited, but not arrested for traffic violations. They are Josh Holloway, Dominic Monaghan, Naveen Andrews, Ian Somerhalder, Christian Bowman and Harold Perrineau.

For those of you who have no access to AOL here is a piece on LOST AOL TV offered today.

Sept. 5 -- Previously on 'Lost' ...

We finally found out what was in the hatch, what the numbers signified and why the plane crashed on the island.

Season two answered a lot of questions, but for any true 'Lost' fan, there are always more clues to discover.

The seven disc 'Lost' season two DVD box set washes ashore on Sept. 5 and it is packed with over eight hours of extras including audio commentaries, deleted scenes, unaired flashbacks, bloopers and a montage of Sawyer's best "Sawyerisms." Season three of 'Lost' premieres Wed., Oct. 4, at 9PM ET on ABC.

In interviews with AOL Television editor Sean Doorly at the Season Two DVD red carpet party in Hawaii, the castaways and the crew chatted about their favorite moments from season two, the inside scoop on season three and, for one character, the desire for more sex.

What will be different in season three?

Carlton Cuse (Executive Producer): We had a lot of mythology in the show last year, and I think we are interested, writing wise, on telling stories more on a romantic axis and more action-adventure this year. There will be plenty of weird stuff in the show too, for all the people who love 'Lost' for the unexpected twists and turns.

This season will be filled with romance. Who do you think is best for Kate besides UncleJoe?

Evangeline Lilly (Kate Austen): For most of season one and two, I thought Sawyer was better for Kate because they were on a level with each other. They were really compatible in the way they mutually understood and respected each other, and Jack was always a little high and mighty for Kate. But I feel Kate has grown enough in these two seasons, so she is on a level with both of them now. I feel like it could split either way, and Kate will be equally satisfied.

How has your lifestyle changed since moving to Hawaii?

Evangeline Lilly: It has changed. I cannot wear scarves, boots, coats and hats anymore. I miss it like it crazy. I'm a good Canadian girl. I miss all that good stuff. I miss tobogganing and I miss snowboarding, but I have also learned to surf. I've become a water baby, which I used to be relatively terrified of the water.

How was your summer?

Evangeline Lilly: My whole summer was wonderful. I went up to Canada, and I went to Europe for a while. I tried desperately to relax and to stay away from the media -- no offense -- and fanfare as much as possible and pretend I was this anonymous schoolgirl again.

Do you like the action side of Kate?

Evangeline Lilly: I love it. My best days on set are when I'm doing my own stunts because emotionally you become so wildly drained. I will go home so much more exhausted from an emotional scene than I do from a physical scene. A physical scene invigorates me. It gives me energy. I go home pumped up. I love that Kate is an action woman and I love that she breaks the stereotype of the women sitting by the campfire cooking the food while the men go off on these heroic expeditions.

If you could change one thing about your character, what would that be?

Michael Emerson (Henry Gale): I would make him irresistible to women.

Terry O'Quinn (John Locke): More sex.

What was your favorite moment from season two?

Michael Emerson (Henry Gale): I liked when Mr. Eko cut off the little bit of his beard and offered it to me. That was a creepy moment. It was electrifying the playing of the scene and we did it several times and it was always a little bit scary.

Yoon-jin Kim (Sun Kwon): Out of Sun and Jin's moments when they bump into each other. It was supposed to be our flashback and we never worked together. We would say, "How was your episode coming along?" In the very last moment when they bump into each other. I loved it. I loved how they shot it and how that moment came up.

Daniel Dae Kim (Jin Kwon): Learning about Sun's pregnancy for Jin. I think that was a pretty big moment.

Jorge Garcia (Hugo "Hurley" Reyes-Ten Pea's Heartthrob)): I am proud of the episode 'Dave,' and kissing on the cliff top was a cool moment. 'Dave' was great. I got to show all different sides of my character.

Terry O'Quinn (John Locke): Smashing the computer. I was tired of pushing the button.

Carlton Cuse: I loved Adewale's reciting the 23rd Psalm over the burning wreckage of his brother's plane. That moment really got to me. He did such a great job performance wise there. It was really moving.

Bryan Burk (Producer): I loved the opening of season two. We came right in and did not dance around. We saw the inside of the hatch immediately. That was an exciting moment. We are fans first and we would be absurdly frustrated if the first few episodes were "they found another hatch!" I also thought Michael's killing of Anna Lucia and Libby was tragic and shocking.

Michael Giacchino (Composer): I loved the whole Hatch thing. I loved when Hurley was passing out the food and he was going through this whole struggle and finally just said screw it and handed it to everyone.

What are you most excited about in season three?

Evangeline Lilly: Personally, I'm looking forward to yet again settling a little bit farther into the lifestyle and the industry because it is something that is all so new to me. The first year, particularly, it was very stressful and it was very intense. I like the idea that as every year goes by that intensity will mellow and I will be able to spend a little bit more time relaxing and enjoying the benefits of the job and the industry rather than trying to play catch up.

Michael Emerson: I'm just excited about the ride. I'm excited to see where these geniuses that write the show intend to take. It is always beyond my wildest expectations.

Yoon-jin Kim: To find out whom the Others are. I can't wait. It has been bothering me all summer and hopefully I and we will all find out.

Jorge Garcia: I'm excited to find out what has happened. There is so much tragedy that hit Hurley at the end of season two. I just want to see how he came out of it. How is he different and how he has changed? In the second episode, there is a little more of Hurley than in the first.

Terry O'Quinn: Potential. I'm most excited about possibility. They haven't told us anything. I just hope it is good.

Carlton Cuse: The first six episodes are going to focus on the dilemmas that were set up in the finale last year; the fact that Jack, Kate and Sawyer are in captivity. The fact the hatch blew up or did something weird. And also, there is Sayid, Sun and Jin off in that sailboat and what is going to happen to them. There are a lot of balls that are up in the air. Those questions will all be addressed in the first six episodes, but obviously new story complications will arise. There is going to be a great cliffhanger at the end of episode six, which will hopefully keep everyone chomping at the bit for the show's return in February, and then it will run straight through May, which we love. We love the momentum of that.

Bryan Burk: The first episode is spectacular. We are jumping right into a whole new season. It will set the tone for what the show will be this year. Every year we try to figure a new way to go in. It is exciting finding new ways to tell our story every year. If we can't reinvent ourselves every year, then why do it. That's what's exciting.

Are we going to learn more about the Others?

Michael Emerson: We are going to live with the Others for a lot of time. I think we are going to grow in sympathy for them. We are going to begin to see they are like us. Their hearts can be broken. They have special missions, special habits ... fashion problems.

Carlton Cuse: We are seeing the Others through the eyes of our characters. They are the window through which we learn about this other group of people on the island.

Are we going to see a more likeable side of the Others?

Carlton Cuse: What you think now about the Others is not the complete story. There is a lot more to know about them. I think you will have a different view of them after the end of this season.

What makes the show so popular?

Bryan Burk: The subliminal messages that we send out to our audience. If you slow it down on your Tivo, you will discover them. (Laughs) When we were doing the pilot and we were staying in Honolulu and every day Damon [Lindelof] and I would drive an hour each way from the hotel to the beach -- just the two of us -- and this was every day for weeks. We were convinced this show would never work, but we knew we would love it. It felt like you were 10 years old and talking about your favorite movie. JJ [Abrams] had a great quote when we started doing the pilot, "They are letting us make it. It's crazy. It feels like we are in film school and we convinced the faculty into letting us do whatever we want." That is exactly what it is like. The fact that we have such a supportive studio and network is great. Imagine walking into a network that does great shows like 'Desperate Housewives' and 'Grey's Anatomy,' and we come in a say there is a hatch and a guy pressing a button and they don't bat an eye.

How are you alike and how are you different than your character?

Michael Emerson: I'm a person who enjoys language. Henry is a good talker and he is a good listener. He has a keen sense of psychology. He has good manners.

Years from now in the series finale, what would you like to see happen to your character?

Jorge Garcia: I think we are this side of the mountain, that I don't have enough information to make a guess, but at some point I, think Hurley should be the leader. Then I think he should run off with Peaches to an island of their own.

Yoon-jin Kim: I would like to do more action stuff. I just run away from things. I want to hold a gun once in a while. I think I would be good.

Terry O'Quinn: Because I like him, I hope he finds peace of mind.

If you could change something about your character, what would it be?

Yoon-jin Kim: I would like to see Sun become more independent and more of her own self, instead of always depending on someone else whether that is Jin or Kate. She is always going to someone to find answers. We all do that in some way, but in the end, I wish she would focus on herself and ask what she wants. Be the 21st century woman. That is what I would like to see.

Daniel Dae Kim: I look forward to the day where he is more integrated into the group. He spent so much time being an outsider, by his choice, and I'm curious to see what that dynamic is when he decides to be part of things. I hear that he will be learning some more English this year, and if that's the case then I'm sure there will be a lot of different possibilities for him.

What are some of the themes you are going to explore in season three?

Carlton Cuse: The main theme is us versus them, but the question is who "us" is and who is "them"? We tend to sort of objectify people we don't know very much about. That is happening very much in our world today. 'Lost,' in a way, is a microcosm. You have these other people on the island, and you think they are evil and bad and malevolent, but that might not be the full story. They may be thinking the same thing about our characters. It is not going to be clear cut as one might expect from the set up. We have Sayid, who is a republican guard soldier and I think he confounds your expectations. He is capable of violence, but there is a deep heart and soul to that man.

With Sun's pregnancy, do you have an opinion on who the father is?

Daniel Dae Kim: I like to believe that it is Jin's. I would like to believe his boys are strong swimmers, but we will see. We're still quite suspicious of that Canadian guy, Kevin.

Do you still worry about being killed off?

Daniel Dae Kim: I have to admit in season one I worried about getting killed off. A lot of us worried about getting killed off because we were all having such a good time here. As the seasons progressed, I feel like we are more accustomed to the idea of it, so we live life like we do in real life. We enjoy every day as best as we can and see what happens in the future.

What are some of the misconceptions about a TV composer?

Michael Giacchino: There is a misconception that TV composers are not as good as film composers. That is so not true because there are a lot of guys working on TV that are fantastic composers. TV also doesn't allow you to record with a live orchestra. We do on 'Lost.' We are lucky. It is more expensive. It used to be the way it was done all the time on TV. Studios don't want to pay for it. We are lucky because they do pay for it for us. We fight for it.

Are certain characters tough to score?

Michael Giacchino: Everyone has their own specific themes. They each have their own specific challenges. The trick is to get inside their head and represent who they truly are and not just represent what they are doing on screen. For example Hurley on screen, you could argue that he is a funny character and comic relief. I would say that he is one of the sadder characters inside. When I deal with him, I treat it that way. It is all about the subtext.

Do you have a definitive end for the show?

Carlton Cuse: Yes. I don't think in this kind of a show or any kind of a story you can wrap up every loose end. We do have a final episode for the show, and we do know where it is going. It is just a question of when we will get there.

Reprinted from AOL TV.

Who do you think is best for Kate besides UncleJoe?

Years from now in the series finale, what would you like to see happen to your character?

Jorge Garcia: Then I think he should run off with Peaches to an island of their own.

With Sun's pregnancy, do you have an opinion on who the father is?

Daniel Dae Kim: We're still quite suspicious of that Canadian guy, Kevin.

I love you, Joe. :bow:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I'm so freaking worried I'm going to forget, because I so rarely watch TV with the munchkin (unless Elmo's Potty Time and Baby Signing Time DVDs count).

Here's my strategy: hook my sister! She's almost halfway through season 2 and should be ready for a Lost party tomorrow night :grin:

So, is that what peer pressure is really about? Getting someone else to share your addiciton...:laughing: