Tenacious_Peaches

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

oh my god, it's 4pm 24-time but 1.30am ireland-time. but i can;t stop watching - i'm hooked! i keep wishing i could watch it in fast-forward cos i don't wanna miss a thing but i can't wait to find out what happens. i'm also typing this ridiculously fast because i now believe i work in ctu and that typing fast is imperative to saving the world, or at least america.

Joe, I'm so excited about tonight I feel a little sick.

Gisela, when my daughter was born I took a week off of work to stay with her. Being a few weeks old she did nothing but sleep, so I rented the first season of 24. This was at the same time Season 3 was going on. I watched about 6 hours a day, and when I went back to work I didn't trust a single person. This show will mess with you.

ken you total f*cker

thanks a million for ruining that for me

Absolutely. I don't even watch the programme, but gad, it's so irritating when that happens....

Given that children and grand-parents might be watching, you run the risk of censure, SoulGirl.

Might I suggest the use of a milder epithet?

Edited by Guest
Removal of unecessary remark liable to cause personal offence

This is getting complicated. Should we have a "24 UK/Europe/Non-US" thread and a "24 US" thread? Since it's on first in the States there's virtually no way to discuss it without spoiling something for those of us who are several episodes behing.

Same for the other good show on TV, "Lost". But I think we have a spoiler thread for that one already.

Being that surprise is a huge part of both shows I don't want to take anything away from anyone else.

well, until ken's post nobody had mentioned any specifics as to who was good/bad/dead/alive etc. i intentionally stopped myself from referring to specifics because i knew sue was only on season one for example.

i don't think it's necessary to discuss the various plot developments in order to be able to share a general appreciation for the programme, but by all means a spoiler thread could be started if people felt it was necessary. you can be sure that i won't be partaking in it though.

ken, for future reference you can take for granted that in the US shows are aired about six months in advance of europe. furthermore, we don't watch CNN in europe so any blurb on there would also be irrelevant to us europeans.

i'm watching season four on dvd because i didn't get a chance to watch it the first time around. since the whole premise behind the show is to catch the viewers off-guard with the plot's unexpected twists and turns, it was a huge disappointment to me to be made aware of something that lay in store for me in a few episodes' time.

however, i accept that it was an honest mistake, regardless of how infuriating.

b-f, you might be right about being censored but the moderators can do that as they see fit. a milder epithet wouldn't sufficiently express my annoyance at the time i was typing that post.

ken, for future reference you can take for granted that in the US shows are aired about six months in advance of europe. furthermore, we don't watch CNN in europe so any blurb on there would also be irrelevant to us europeans.

It was cnn.com that I'd seen it on this morning. I think that is available to everyone?

It was cnn.com that I'd seen it on this morning. I think that is available to everyone?

Available to everyone, yes. That's the internet for you.

But in reality, how many Europeans do you imagine actually access it as a means of getting their news??? An absolutely minuscule percentage, if any at all...

Why the heck would we when we've got the BBC? Fortunately the BBC doesn't generally waste its time blowing the gaff on plotlines from cult US TV programmes.

Methinks thou protesteth too much.

Edited by Guest

i typed that message in anger and by the time i came back on the boards it was too late for me to edit it myself. if the moderators want to do so, i have no objections. but people type words with asterixes in them all the time that can be clearly interpreted by anyone who knows the words exist. apologies if anyone's sensibilities have been offended.