The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

DAS YOU ARE GREAT. :coolio:

I would have thrown the duster, or at least chalk, at them. Cheeky little devils. :grin:

I think I made that lot a bit too difficult. It's hard to get a balance sometimes.

Jenny has me over a barrel on "Satisfaction" - the lyric IS "satisfactual". Sorry about that. I can't make any excuses on that one.

Thank you so much for officiating. Everyone obviously enjoyed it. Please carry on.

:thumbsup:

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, thank you, Darryl, for having me do one. It was great (but hectic) fun. Some of those were pretty tough, and I used every bit of my sly clue skill on the Right Said Fred song.

Everyone, I've sent Darryl the answers to the new quiz since I'll be leaving in the next 45 minutes or so. Thanks again, Darryl. :)

Thank YOU very much Das. I think everyone really enjoyed the interaction. I loved your clues for "I'm Too Sexy" ! Funny, I thought that would be one of the first to go. You guys and girls just aren't used to me using 90s songs I think. There were 1 each 90s & 80s, 5 x 70s and 3 x 60s.

Recapping OLD 55's TOP TEN #9.

1. (I Can't Get No) SATISFACTION / ROLLING STONES

2. A HORSE WITH NO NAME / AMERICA

3. THE MORNING AFTER / MAUREEN McGOVERN

4. I'M TOO SEXY / RIGHT SAID FRED

5. TOP OF THE WORLD / CARPENTERS

6. DON'T STAND SO CLOSE TO ME / POLICE

7. ROCKIN PNEUMONIA-BOOGIE WOOGIE FLU / JOHNNY RIVERS

8. (Last Night) I DIDN'T GET TO SLEEP AT ALL / 5th DIMENSION

9. LISTEN TO THE MUSIC / DOOBIE BROTHERS

10.TWO FACES HAVE I / LOU CHRISTIE

:)

Okay, I'm about to go for the night, so I think Darryl will be taking (back) over.

Here is where the current quiz stands:

Update:

1. Psst! Listen to this story!

2. Sounds like a good way to go.

3. Before they were believers this group possibly did this painful thing.

4. This song was recorded as a vocal duet with guitar, but producers added a full band to it while the artists were out of town. ANSWERED - FARIN

5. This singer probably no longer said this after an unfortunate incident with a pan of hot grits. ANSWERED - KARI

6. The subject of this ultra-famous “love song†is actually God. ANSWERED - KARI

7. Britney Spears said “I love Pat Benatar†after covering this song. Whoops! ANSWERED - BAZOOKA

8. The title of this song (and part of the chorus) is a common part of Catholic Mass. ANSWERED - BAZOOKA

9. This may be said by a nostalgic person visiting his altered childhood neighborhood. ANSWERED - FARIN

10. A man who treats her well is just one thing.

1, 2, 3 and 10 are still unanswered. Enjoy. :)

Sorry, my computer is out of action and I've had to use my son's. It's his day off, so I had to wait for him to wake up first.

Still haven't got those last 4 of Das'. Here's Das' clues + some alternate ones I've added.

1. Psst! Listen to this story!

2. Sounds like a good way to go.

1. How rumours could be spread (thanks Laurie).

2. This song was inspired by a performance of a famous 70s U.S. singer/songwriter.

3. You'd be burnt to a crisp.

4. Many men would love to know this. We're never quite sure. Mars & Venus ?

Not yet Laurie. :) Only #1 is correct Brad !

Here's the years of those 3 songs:

2 1973

3 1997

10 2000

I won't give any more clues - leave it to Das - because I'm working on a borrowed computer. My sons modified mine about a week ago to make it faster. It WAS going faster until it blew up, so I won't be inputting a Top Ten today/tonight at least. They have to install a new Power Supply - it couldn't handle the pressure.

Would one of you like to do a new Top Ten when these are answered, being veterans of it ?

If not Das might do another ?

Sorry, but I'll have to let you work it out. :P

P.S. I've commandeered Young55's computer for 10 minutes if you want to catch me before I go.

Well done Brad !!!

Yes, the co-writer was very moved by a Don McLean performance.

Still two of das' Top Ten to go, Q3 and Q10.

CLUES

3. IF you could do this, you'd be burnt to a crisp.

10. Many men would love to know this. A lot of us don't have a clue.

Hopefully someone will have them by the time you arrive here das. I'm working on a borrowed computer, so can I take you up on your kind offer to do another Top Ten please ? Hopefully my computer may be running tomorrow (our time). It's 8.00 PM here in Eastern Oz now.

I'm a model, and I shake my little tush on the catwalk :jester:

That's the one, Jenny! :thumbsup:

1. Psst! Listen to this story! ANSWERED – BRAD “I Heard It Through The Grapevine†– Marvin Gaye

2. Sounds like a good way to go. ANSWERED – BRAD “Killing Me Softly…†– Roberta Flack

3. Before they were believers this group possibly did this painful thing. ANSWERED – KARI “Walking On The Sun†– Smash Mouth

4. This song was recorded as a vocal duet with guitar, but producers added a full band to it while the artists were out of town. ANSWERED – FARIN “Sound Of Silence†– Simon & Garfunkel

5. This singer probably no longer said this after an unfortunate incident with a pan of hot grits. ANSWERED – KARI “Let’s Stay Together†– Al Green

6. The subject of this ultra-famous “love song†is actually God. ANSWERED – KARI “You Light Up My Life†– Debby Boone

7. Britney Spears said “I love Pat Benatar†after covering this song. Whoops! ANSWERED – BAZOOKA “I Love Rock & Roll†– Joan Jett8. The title of this song (and part of the chorus) is a common part of Catholic Mass. ANSWERED – BAZOOKA “Kyrie†– Mr. Mister

9. This may be said by a nostalgic person visiting his altered childhood neighborhood. ANSWERED – FARIN “This Used To Be My Playground†- Madonna

10. A man who treats her well is just one thing. ANSWERED – JENNY “What A Girl Wants†– Christina Aguilera

At Darryl's request I'll put another up in a little bit. Does anyone want to be the monitor, should it continue into the weekend? I'm not sure of the status of Darryl's computer, so we'll need a backup. I'm not here over the weekend.

At Darryl's request I'll put another up in a little bit. Does anyone want to be the monitor, should it continue into the weekend? I'm not sure of the status of Darryl's computer, so we'll need a backup. I'm not here over the weekend.

I could do that das. That way I wouldn't be annoyed about not getting the answers myself. (just thinking of Right Said Fred :doh: )