The Topical Ten. Can you Guess them from the Clues ?

OLD 55

• Replies 2.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

WELL DONE LAURIE ! YOU DESERVED TO GET IT. :coolio:

I think Worst That Could Happen fits my original clue of "Could descibe the ultimate disaster" or whatever I said a few pages back.

Dale Carnegie's book on managing worry suggested that you think of the worst possible thing that could happen in a situation and work from there. I'm not sure if it really works, but he was a very positive man.

Thanks to ALL who participated. I'm taking a break from this, so if any one else wants to try their hand, please go ahead.

:P

Old55 wrote:

Thanks to ALL who participated. I'm taking a break from this, so if any one else wants to try their hand, please go ahead.

Thank you. I will! :thumbsup: :)

1. I do this on Sunday.

2. I like to do this at concerts and clubs. Answered by Laurie - Dance To The Music - Sly & The Family Stone

3. When you're finished with this, do you eat or discard the worm? Answered by Laurie - Tequila - The Champs

4. The warm wind blowing in July. Answered by Laurie - Summer Breeze - Seals & Crofts

5. If you do this, your tablecloth will be stained. Answered by Bazooka - Spill The Wine - Eric Burdon and War

6. When I go away, I really, really hope you don't forget me. (country song)

7. This song tastes so, so, so, so good! Answered by Laurie - Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm Mmmm - Crash Test Dummies

8. He risks all of his money. Answered by Laurie - The Gambler - Kenny Rogers

9. Dinner is served call. Answered by Bazooka - Come And Get It - Badfinger

10. He huffed and he puffed but it was still standing. Answered by Bazooka - Brick House - Commodores

Edited by Guest

3. Tequilla...The Champs

4. Summer Breeze...Seals and Crofts

7. Mmmmmmm? Crash Test Dummies or Brown Sugar?

8. The Gambler..Kenny Rogers?

2. Dance to the Music - Sly & The Family Stone

or Dance Dance Dance? Beach Boys

1. Relax?..Frankie Goes To Hollywood

Edited by Guest

#1: "Shop Around", Miracles ?

"Sleep", Little Willie John ?

"Drive", Cars ?

I added those 3 to my other post, but didn't realise we'd gone over the page, so I'm not sure if you saw them ? I've pasted and copied them here.

How about "Sunday For Tea" / Peter and Gordon or "Take It Easy" / Eagles. ???

I'll have to give Young55 back his computer soon. Mine has again ran amok. Still there Mate ?

:P

Yes, I saw them, 55.

Both posts are on the same page for me because I have my display settings set at 30 replies per page.

You didn't miss it the first time around. I added the country song part after you guessed.

For #1, take notice that I put emphasis on the word "sunday".

#1. I Say A Little Prayer For You ? The only other "Sunday" song I can thik of is Sunday Mornin' Comin' Down, but that doesn't match the clue.

Young 55 is trying to fix my computer now, but he needs to try "parts" by hooking them up to his computer from time to time. He's swearing at the moment, so it doesn't look too promising.

Goodnight Laurie !

Old55 said:

#1. I Say A Little Prayer For You

That's correct, Darryl. :coolio:

Jenny's answer was very close. :thumbsup:

Bazooka said:

1. I Drink Alone - George Thorogood }:|

Bazooka,

If Shawna keeps posting those brain-wracking anagrams, I'm going to start drinking...alone. :jester: