Sopranos March 12th

_Laurie_

• Replies 364
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I definitely enjoyed it. I plan on watching it again sometime this week. I am fascinated with the voice over excerpt from William Burroughs "Seven Souls"...

"The ancient Egyptians postulated seven souls, Top soul, and the first to leave at the moment of death, is Ren, the Secret Name. This corresponds to my Director, He directs the film of your life from conception to death. The Secret Name is the title of your film. When you die, that's where Ren came in.

Second soul, and second one off the sinking ship, is Sekem: Energy, Power, Light The Director gives the orders, Sekem presses the right buttons.

Number three is Khu, the Guardian Angel. He, she, or it is third man out . . . depicted as flying away across a full moon, a bird with luminous wings and head of light. Sort of thing you might see on a screen in an Indian restaurant in Panama. The Khu is responsible for the subject and can be injured in his defense- but not permanently, since the first three souls are eternal. They go beck to Heaven for another vessel.

The four remaining souls must take their chances with the subject in the Land of the Dead. Number four is Ba, the heart, often treacherous. This is a hawk's body with your face on it, shrunk down to the size of a fist. Many a hero has been brought down, like Samson, by a perfidious Ba.

Number five is Ka, the Double, most closely associated with the subject. The Ka, which usually reaches adolescence at the time of bodily death, is the only reliable guide through the Land of the Dead to the western Lands.

Number six is Khaibit, the Shadow, Memory, your whole past conditioning from this and other lives.

Number seven is Sekhu, the Remains."

Here's my take on things through two episodes.

It appears Tony is spending some time in Purgatory. He is a heating system sales guy, stuck in Arizona, with no identity. Then he falls DOWN a red staircase which could be heading him to his final home with the devil.

Maybe Tony's dream also signals a desire to quit the mob. Last week he denied the same right, and the poor guy hung himself. so maybe Tony sees himself in the witness protection program...somewhere far from NJ, with a new identity. (Did you notice the voices of his wife and the kids weren't the same either).

So, with Tony laid up and Johnny Sack in the slammer....we are ready for all out power struggles within the NJ and NY families and between the two families....there are no cooler heads left to prevail.

Remember the NY family has a 200 man army, so there will be a battle ahead.

The capos couldn't even divide up the chores without conflict...Tony and Carmela will still get theirs, but Tony's top spot is desired by some. There is also no respect for the pecking order and authority of the family....once again, look for a battle.

Meadow and Finn look on the outs again...but when Finn comes back to NJ, he has to face Vito. Vito, knows that Finn knows his secret (Finn saw him servicing a guy in the front seat of a pick up truck). Vito even made made a comment that maybe the guy that hung himself was secretly gay..."It happens".

Vito, also let's go with a good fart...not the first mention on a Sopranos episode.

AJ is ready to join the mob....he flunked out of school and he threatened to put a bullet in Uncle Junior's head for shooting Tony.

Agent Harris "claims" to be on Terrorist duty and he is eating pretty well with that parasite he supposedly has....Christopher seems untrusting about the whole thing....Harris is hanging around Satriale's an awful lot.

the scene is set for bloodshed, power struggles and personal struggles.....onward we go.

It appears Tony is spending some time in Purgatory. He is a heating system sales guy, stuck in Arizona, with no identity. Then he falls DOWN a red staircase which could be heading him to his final home with the devil.

Holy crap, I almost fell out of my chair. I didn't catch all that. Damn, you're good RonJon. I wish you'd start watching "Lost" and tell me what's going on. :bow:

Yesterday was a highlight reel for Paulie...talking to a comatose Tony until he induced cardiac arrest was pretty damn funny. Also, him clipping Band-aid coupons while he's sitting on a $1,000,000 stash was amusing too.

The local newspaper in my area is The Star-Ledger and that is always what they read on the Sopranos. Of course, yesterday, it was being read by Silvio while he was sitting on the toilet in the mens room. He couldn't even escape the questions there....

Did you notice that the last "fantasy" sequence?? A young girls voice was calling from the "meadow"?

Did you notice that the Monks look exactly like the doctor that has been attending to Tony?

When Steve Buscemi was trying to get the briefcase from Tony...he was enticing him to let go and enter the house "full of friends"...but that house was the afterlife and those friends were people Tony put in the afterlife (with his hands or through his direction) and those that he hoped to escape like Livia....but Meadow's voice called him back, and of course, the next scene is Tony's eyes opening up and who does he see first..Meadow...she puleed him back to life...