Barenaked Ladies

Carl

Sara and I saw them in New Haven on Nov 13. These guys are really good, and have a very devoted following. I thought they were at their best when they played some of their lesser-known songs. Most groups get a bad response when they play something obscure, but for fans of BNL, I think they welcomed anything out of the mainstream. When they played their hits, they seemed uninterested. I can't blame them for going through the motions on "One Week," but I don't think anyone would have complained if they simply left it out. They did sound convincing on "Brian Wilson," which was great.

They also did a bit in the middle of the show where they took questions from the audience. I wish more bands would do stuff like this. A concert is a show - it doesn't have to be just music. A little interaction is not a bad thing, and it forces at least part of the night to be spontaneous. It helps that they are really funny.

• 1 month later...

I saw BNL back in 98? in Orlando (in the parking lot of Hard Rock Cafe). That was one of the best shows I have ever seen. It was a festival, and they weren't the headliner- but they stole the show and the audience let them know.

Some of my favorite stuff were the improved intros and outros (and complete ditties) about stuff relevent to the local area (at the time central Florida was experiencing bad fires). It showed they can be very creative and intellegent. I loved that show!

• 8 months later...

I LOVE THE BARENAKED LADIES!!

I have seen them a number of times and always look forward to seeing them again. The last concert was about 7 months ago in Orlando.

My fave part is when the band "raps" or interacts with the audience. They really are a warm and friendly band who really love the crowd to be part of the show.

:coolio: