Are some songs just too long?

Sweet Jane 61

I searched but got tired of looking at so many entries...so I hope this hasn't been dicussed and if it has, I will take my spankings later. I thought of this on the way to work. I head CCR's Heard It Through The Grapevine, very long song and it hit me, it is too long...could be about 9 minutes or so instead of 13. Don't get me wrong there are some excellent long songs, but some just needed to be stopped after a certain point. Any come to mind?

Shine On YOu Craxy Diamond ~ Floyd

you just need to be really high or something for this song...I love Floyd but this one just needs trimmed down

I guess it could apply to many songs... :laughing: I agree with Ron, "Susie Q" by Creedence is neverending. And that´s the reason why I don´t like that much "Stairway to Heaven" ( :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :jester: )

Jane there is a 3'45" short version of CCR's "I Heard It Through The Grapevine".

I'll go along with Shawna on "Stairway To Heaven", even though I think she may have been joking ? How does it keep coming up #1 on the Songfacts Top 10 ? It's not that great ! There must be subliminal messages in the song:vote4mevote4me playmeagainplaymeagain. I'd rather listen to Hotel California or Bohemian Rhapsody (both Songfacts' perennial favorites) and they're both fairly long.

;)