Python Alert!

Uncle Joe

Thanks , Blues ...the ugly secret that I've been keeping here is that I aleady have had the complete Pythons on DVD for nearly 3 years now, so these lads can be slaves to their TV's and the schedule as much as they like...Does that make me a bad person ?! ;) :laughing: Well worth it , though ~ $200 .00 . I would like to see these hosts put in a word or two , though , as that would make it even sweeter .

The forst episode was with Eric Idle. He did a Python like intro as an reporter talking about Eric Idle....wasn't funny...and they showed favorite clips with no further input from Idle. Too many Hollywood Bowl clip for my liking. The last thing they showed was "The Lumberjack song" from the Hollywood Bowl. Unfotunately, it had Idle singing the main part which Michael did on the original show.

With that said, the Bruce sketch was worth it, as was the "27th Silly Olympiad".

I liked the opening bit with Eric Idle, but then I have always thought that he was the funniest Python!!

I do agree with Ron Jon about the Hollywood Bowl performances. The original skits from the television series were, IMO, better. I did, however, love the Hollywood Bowl version of the travel agent sketch which has always been one of my favourite Python bits. The Hollywood Bowl version runs longer than the original sketch from the TV series. I'm off to Cuba for 2 weeks, but I've got the VCR set to tape the next several installments of the PBS special.

Heidegger, Heidegger was a boozy beggar, Hobbs was fond of his dram,

Rene Descartes was a drunken fart, I drink therefore I am!

Hasta Luego!! :cool: :cool: :cool: