Songs in the movies

Mike

Tom Petty's "American Girl" from the parking lot scene at the start of "Fast times at Ridgemont High"

This one always makes me think of the scene in The Silence of the Lambs where the girl is jamming out just before Buffalo Bill kidnaps her. (Lambs reference: Just for Peaches and Scott!)

"It's the End of the World As We Know It" makes me think of Tommy Boy.

Also, "Somewhere Over the Rainbow" I think of The Wizard of Oz no matter who is singing it!

"It's the End of the World As We Know It" makes me think of Tommy Boy.

That scenes the best!!

That's totally how it happens when you try to sing along to it in a car too (unless you're me, in which case I can do the whole song, because I'm a loser) You start out pretty strong, and then you kind of fade out and mumble a bit, and then come in with a word everynow and then (but everybody can do this at the end of the song "somethin' somethin' mmmmmmmmmmmmmm LEONARD BERSTEIN! somethin' somethin' mmmmmmmmmmmmm" ::)

In "Goodfellas" when they're playing the long instrumental part at the end of "Layla" while all the dead bodies are turning up. "When they found Carbone in the meat truck, he was so frozen stiff it took them two days to thaw him out for the autopsy." Very classic scene and tune.

I also like it in the same movie where the Stones' "Memo From Turner" is playing as he's driving to the hospital and the helicopters are scoping him out.

Yello's "Oh Yeah" in the "Secret of My Success" when they're riding in the limo and Brantley just met Auntie Vera. Ohhhhh yeahhhhh.

The opening scene in "Fast Times at Ridgemont High" where the Go-Go's "We Got the Beat" is playing. And the scene where Damone does the Cheap Trick medley (I Want You to Want Me/Dream Police/Surrender) while trying to make a sale.

The Plimsouls doing "A Million Miles Away" and "Oldest Story in the World" in the bar scene in "Valley Girl". Nicholas Cage...what an actor!

The Ramones driving into town for their gig that night riding in a convertible and singing "We Want the Airwaves" in "Rock 'n' Roll High School".

And last but not least, Michael J. Fox on lead vocals and lead guitar on "Johnny B. Goode" in "Back to the Future". "I guess you're not quite ready for that yet...but your kids are gonna love it."

:rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon: :rockon:

:afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: :afro: