I'm there when this song plays...

Otokichi

" Emotional Rescue " ( Stones) -- The summer of it's release , I'm 12 and painting a long picket-fence . Kept waiting for it to come on again throughout the day as this job took 4-5 days .

" Please Don't Go " ( KC and the Sunshine band ) : I'm at my first 'party ' and am waltzing with 'my girl ' ( feeling odd yet slightly horny ) which is a mere hug-fest while moving one's feet . Again age ~12 .

"Changes 1 and 2 " (Bowie ) : I'm 20 and studying for finals with these albums are on cassette in a continuous loop . I aced the tests as the songs/ information would miraculously appear during the exam when a question was asked . Go figure . :thumbsup:

"Joe .. .The Lion ... went to the bar . a couple of drinks on the house and he said, let me tell you are .. if you can get me ... to my car " :cool:

I'm 20 and I'm at the Mercurius Nightclub in Amsterdam (on a 3 day pass from the army). The Four Tops'latest hit, "Reach Out" is playing. A beautiful girl I'd been eyeing for the last 10 minutes comes over and asks me to dance. I tell her I've never heard the song before and don't know what dance to do to it. She said, "I'll show you." Boy, did she show me. Whenever I hear that song I'm right back at the Mercurius.

Bob Seger's "Like A Rock" A friend of mine read the lines of this song at my father's funeral. My dad once told my mom that the song reminded him of his own life.

Three songs, America's "A Horse With NO Name, Paul Simon's "Mother And Child Reunion", and Neil Young's "Heart of Gold" remind me of the winter of '72 at Fort Dix New Jersey. When I hear those songs I am at Fort Dix.

"Rock Your Baby" by George McCray sp? was very popular when my wife and I were dating in '74 When I here that song I am sitting in the front seat of my 64 Corvair heading down the highway with my girl, now my wife. Notice I said Corvair and not Corvette darn it.

rtstuff