Your favorite work of art?

Otokichi

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i love dali too, especially the sculptures. I love all the clocks and the freud snail on the bicycle!

I love The Unicorn and the dream snails. Lobster Phone was as cool as I expected it to be. His glass sculptures were also very beautiful.

I'm a big fan of ready-mades, I think some of the most experimental art emerged at that time. As far as sculpture go, I love soft sculpture as well as the beautifully fluid works of Boccioni. Pop Art and the Art Deco/Art Nouveau period I find heavily influence my current works (which are rushed and unfinished at best - hell, I sound like a starving art student here!!)

Das, your wife definitely has a great talent - please encourage her to paint more often!

I too have some (admittedly, but only if I must) works of my own but they are old and outdated and I have no more time to paint and end up drawing cartoons and doodles when I get the chance. I miss my easel!!

How can you be almost vegetarian, Edna? :laughing:

I only eat meat when I´m thinking of something else and I don´t realise, and then someone goes "hey, you ate meat!!!" and I say "well, never mind, I wasn´t paying attention"... or something like that...

Edna, you know I adore you - but that has to be one of the ugliest pieces of art I have ever seen

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: I know, I couldn´t hang it in my living room, my husband wouldn´t agree...

I´ll hang it in my private room then... ;)

Das, I very much liked your wife's painting too. She is very talented! Her painting reminds me of an Australian artist that we studied at school.

I like Andy Warhol's famous people and Campbell soup cans, Charles Blackman's Schoolgirls and Angels, nearly everything by Brett Whiteley, Barbara Kruger and Sidney Nolan's Ned Kelly series.