Your favorite work of art?

Otokichi

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A funny thing happened to us in the Dali Musuem, when we visited it many years ago. We, (Mrs Fitter and I, though we were yet to be married), sat on a bench to admire one of the larger pieces on display. It was a bit of a tight squeeze as an old fellow was already sitting there. We were discussing our impressions of the piece when the old guy, who was German, said "Oh, you are from England, ja?". He was a nice chap and we got talking. He asked us whereabouts we are from. We told him we were from Leeds in Yorkshire,in the north of England. His eyes brightened and he said, "Oh, I know Leeds. And Sheffield...And Hull..." This was interesting- he knew our part of the world quite well, it seemed- so I said, "You've done some travelling in the north of England then!". "You could say zat," he replied, "I bombed zem during ze var".

How we chuckled.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My current favorite work of art is the one I did a photoshoot for last August. It was my first experience working with actors and models.

I'm the dead Greek soldier laying backwards in the foreground.

proserpine-01.jpg

The artist is Eleanor Antin and the piece is titled

Proserpine Welcomes Helen to

Hades from "Helen's Odyssey," 2007

The collection is showing in New York at the Ronald Feldman Gallery from Feb. 15th --> March 15th 2008 and is coming to San Diego in July of this year.

We took a picture after I was done...

20-Photo20.jpg

:cool: