TV Guilty Pleasures

Tenacious_Peaches

I don't believe we have a topic like this. What is your favorite cheesy, over the top show? The badder the better.

I am currently obsessed with "Flavor of Love" on VH1. It's a "Bachelor" type show with Flavor Flav, the comic relief in the old school rap group Public Enemy. The girls who are vying for his attention are all insane. He is known for wearing a huge clock around his neck, so when he goes through the elimination ceremony, the girls who stay get a big clock (you know what time it is) and the ones going home don't (your time is up).

It is funny and ridiculous and terrible and everything a guilty pleasure should be. :bow:

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Date my daughter, Fool around with my girlfriend, Average Joe, The Teletubbies, Joe Millionaire, The Simple Life, Celebrity Big Brother, EuroTrash, Paradise Hotel (it was on in Sweden when I was there..), Make me perfect, Extreme plastic surgery, 10 years younger, It's me or the dog, home makeover shows, Ricki Lake.....

I'll just shudduppamyface!! :doh: :blush:

Average Joe, Joe Millionaire

I loved both of these shows! I fell completely in love with Adam on Average Joe, and when she passed him up for the other guy I wanted to take a trip to New York and comfort him. :googly:

And Joe Millionaire was such a hysterical spoof... all those women were such money grubbers and gold diggers, and then to find out he was penniless :laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Sue - did you ever hear about that zoo in (I think) London that had a human exhibit? It was something like 4 women and 3 men, and they wore leafs like Adam and Eve, and bathing suits underneath... I wonder if it's still there...

I have heard about it, and think it was really weird - but I would have been staring all day had I worked at the zoo!

If you have HBO, Taxicab Confessions is the cheesiest. They film people they pick up in their cab. It's usually Vegas or New York. They usually pick-up transvestites, hookers, druggies,people who talk to dogs, He-She's, She-He's, etc,. After it's over I feel like I need to shower.

Phil....I have to agree....Taxicab Confessions is a cheesy and sleazy show. The Vegas show highlights an old friend of mine from back in my days in the Bronx. The female cabbie Rita is originally from the Grand Concourse in the Bronx. I have spoken to her since the show. She almost got a spinoff show, a talk show somewhat like Jenny Jones or Montel Williams. She is currently with the William Morris agency while still driving a cab in Vegas.

I believe one of the top shows on TV, definitely the top reality show in my book is Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. This is a feel good show that leaves us viewers practically in happy tears after staying choked up during the show.

There is nothing these folks will not do to make a home right for the recipients. If everyone drew examples of helping others from this show, it would surely be a wonderful world we live in.

I am hooked on "Dancing with the Stars" and "Skating with Celebrities". I also watch "The Biggest Loser", and those "I Love the whatever's" VH1 shows.

My excuse.....after my daughter goes to bed, I get busy with bills, laundry, dishes, or sometimes just relaxing with a crossword puzzle, so I put on something that doesn't take a lot of brain power to enjoy.