Stoned---film about Brian Jones

bluemoon

i haven't seen it but it was premiered in cork at the cork film festival last october. brian's wife and one of his children came to see it and my mum's friend saw them leave halfway through the movie. when she asked the organiser about it afterwards he said that they hadn't left in protest or anything but just found it too harrowing to watch. many people i've spoken to about it said the same thing. i'd like to see it out of interest though!

I wanted to see it, but either I missed it or they didn't show it here..though you could expect that, in his hometown...

He never got married.

ok sorry about that! i guess it must have been his last girlfriend then, definitely the mother of at least one of his children.

as i said, i wasn't there myself, only heard about it through someone who heard it through someone who was there!

this was on a website, written by someone who was there:

At the festival screening of Stoned on Friday night, Woolley acknowledged one of Jones's sons ("he had five children with five different women and didn't really acknowledge any of them") and the man's mother, who were in the audience. I can only imagine what it was like for the two of them to see Jones's brief life (he died at that dangerous age, for muscial stars anyway, of 27) portrayed on the big screen in all its warts-and-all non-glory.

sorry i can;t be more specific!

ok sorry about that! i guess it must have been his last girlfriend then, definitely the mother of at least one of his children.

as i said, i wasn't there myself, only heard about it through someone who heard it through someone who was there![\quote]

Oh, that's fine...

now I'll be a smartass once again: He didn't have a child with his last girlfriend, nor with the second and thirtd to last...It might have been Linda Lawrence, one of his, let me think, early-60s girlfriends. I'm guessing here though.

as i said, i wasn't there myself, only heard about it through someone who heard it through someone who was there!

Oh, that's fine...

now I'll be a smartass once again: He didn't have a child with his last girlfriend, nor with the second and thirtd to last...It might have been Linda Lawrence, one of his, let me think, early-60s girlfriends. I'm guessing here though.

EDIT: Sorry about this double post...

Edited by Guest

The movie could be interesting... I saw the soundtrack BluesBoy posted and looks fine...Linda Lawrence was Brian Jones´ grilfriend when she was 15, in 1964 or so, she had a son and the year after she married Donovan, who adopted young Julian Brian (son of Jones). They´re still the Leitchs, a happy family with grandchildren et all...