Fantasy Baseball Season 2 : The Revenge

Kevin

I personally liked our format last year ( points sytem etc. )

Kevin, I agree. There are two styles of Fantasy baseball, one being head-to-head and the other being rotiserrie. The one you are referring to is rotisserie and considering there are some who this may be new to, the rotisserie style is the way to go.

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

HD...what the heck! Do me a favor, cast a spell for my team to hit at least five homers every full moon night during the season!

BTW....I am far from being a ringer like some may think here because of my 20 years doing this. I have been on the wrong side of the fence more times than not and I can always use all the help I can get.

Hint.....I think Barry Bonds will be a bust this year. He is just going to play out his contract. He has mentioned in the past that he respects Hank Aaron's record and it would not bother him if he didn't get the record.

Anyone have any thoughts on other players this year?

HD...what the heck! Do me a favor, cast a spell for my team to hit at least five homers every full moon night during the season!

BTW....I am far from being a ringer like some may think here because of my 20 years doing this. I have been on the wrong side of the fence more times than not and I can always use all the help I can get.

Hint.....I think Barry Bonds will be a bust this year. He is just going to play out his contract. He has mentioned in the past that he respects Hank Aaron's record and it would not bother him if he didn't get the record.

Anyone have any thoughts on other players this year?

Nice try..... ;)

I don't know Kevin but I was trying to be honest in my opinion.

I wouldn't trade him for a number 3 pitcher, but a player of any kind of substance I would take. If this is an auto draft I will not rank him in my top 20.

(Something tells me if he does well this will come back to haunt me!)

:D We're just teasing you a bit ... actually , were often a bunch of blabbermouths about what we think we 'know' once the season gets going . To be honest , I've forgotten most of the hot players from last year and need to take a look at the list once we're set up to refresh my memory ! That is one of the drags of the off season for me : I'm SO into it and know exactly who is good by mid- season to the end that it sucks when it's over and I forget most of what I knew then . Football , then hockey ... etc.

You could be right about Bonds ...or wrong , who knows . I likely wouldn't want to start with him , anyway . He's sure to spend some time on the DL at some point .

Jimmy ,

Remember that there's always a downside to having HD cast spells for you : You may get those 5 homers on a full moon , but come up bust the rest of the month -- or get even more hair growing on your back , or the like ! :laughing: She only has her high school equivelentcy in witchcraft afterall ... ;)

I'll start today , Elvish , as it seems that people are getting a little anxious to see something definate .

Ok , It's up and ready for discussion/ debate etc. To join now, simply go to the Yahoo Fantasy Baseball site ; click sign up now ; click join custom league : Our league is named Songfactors II , # 156429 , password : Carl .

Post in if you have difficulties and I'll try to help .

Here are the current settings : Pardon the format if they really stretch the page or look a little strange :

Batters:

Runs

=1

Singles

=1

Doubles

=2

Triples

=3

Home Runs

=4

Runs Batted In

=1

Stolen Bases

=3

Walks

=0.5

Errors

= -1

Pitchers

Wins

=5

Complete Games

=5

Shutouts

=10

Saves

=3

Walks

=-0.33

Strikeouts

=1

Holds

= 1 points

---------------

League Settings

Maximum teams in league:12

Type of scoring:Rotisserie

Player universe:All baseball

Maximum player acquisitions for entire season:None

Maximum trades for entire season:None

Time managers have to protest pending trades:2 days

Last date to trade player:Aug. 27

Time players are on waivers:2 days

Can't Cut list provider? No

Details

Trades reviewed by: League votes

Details

After draft, make all unowned players: follow waiver rules

Only apply in Rotisserie and Point leagues

Maximum games played per position (non-pitchers): 162

Maximum innings pitched per team: 1450

Allow roster changes: daily / tomorrow

Start League scoring on: Apr. 2

Edited by Guest

All players who have presently shown an interest to play ( 9 ) can consider themselves having a place reserved in the league . However , do try and register at the Yahoo! site in the next week or so , so we can be certain that you still are interested in playing ...