Fantasy Baseball Season 2 : The Revenge

Kevin

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No,no ! Not laughing at you -just the way you opted out . I was putting you in the ' I don't want to play' group = Forget about it , is all . You meant that you didn't want to play , right ?

Anyway : Kevin , Cee-Cee , Carl , TheLizard , Joe , Phil ...

Looking good ! RJ will likely join when he gets back , too .

Edited by Guest

Thanks , Katie !

For people considering playing Fantasy Football : While it isn't a complex game and one could actually play without any knowledge , I would suggest that at least a basic or general understanding of the game and the NFL would be advised- simply to make it enjoyable for oneself and to be able to play with some competance.

Great ! So : Kevin ,Cee-Cee , Carl ,TheLizard , Joe ,Phil ,RonJon ... That's 7 so far - did I miss anyone ?

Also , I guess I'll start a thread now , so people can more conveniently keep up with what is going on , then , and return this to baseball stuff . Look for ' Fantasy Football : Season II '

Edited by Guest

Good question ! While I eventually hope we'll end up with an even number ( try and cajole another member ! ) , last year this was the case . What we did was to create a 'dummy team ' run by the commisioner and restricted it to simply keeping injured players on the bench , making rare pick ups if forced to , and basically just putting the best team forward ( based on Oranks then real ranking ) each week . It worked out alright - usually an easy win for the opponent ( though it pulled off two surprises ) and , properly , finished in last place .

Well , it looks as though Sammy is untouchable , and now trying to rub our noses in it starting 3 or 4 pitchers a day now . Joe and Phil are shooting their bolts now , and accepting that they'll have little or no pitching come Sept ember .

Oh , miserable days , indeed , but Sammy's bunch are just too tough ... :crazy: :( the only hope is a miracle

Just when I closed to withing 60 points of Sammy he goes and rallies. I'm beginning to believe that he is uncatchable.

As far as pitching, hell, I had little or no pitching until July anyway. I'll take my chances. New slate for playoffs, right?

BTW, when do playoffs begin? Refresh us please Mr. Commish.

There are no playoffs ( for baseball ) , I must sadly convey , Joe , and that He , who shall remain nameless being synonomous with anti-Christ - you know , the leader of the pack , is likely to triumph . The hole we've dug - we've dug ourselves ... :P :crazy: }:(

Edited by Guest

Well , it looks as though Sammy is untouchable , and now trying to rub our noses in it starting 3 or 4 pitchers a day now . Joe and Phil are shooting their bolts now , and accepting that they'll have little or no pitching come Sept ember .

Oh , miserable days , indeed , but Sammy's bunch are just too tough ... :crazy: :( the only hope is a miracle

You're the commish, can't you disqualify him for not spending enough time on songFacts?

• 2 weeks later...

* SIGH ! * Sammy 's points yesterday just make me wanna drink hemlock or slit my wrists ... :P :crazy: To rub salt in it too , he offered me Garland in a trade for one of my bums a while back . I rejected it , and since then , Garland is undefeated and grabbed 35 points yesterday . AS WELL , according to the complete standings , only Elvish and I have yet to earn any shut out points - everyone else has at least 45 ( and I don't think she is playing daily ) - making me even more of a loser !... }:(:( The baseball gods have forsaken me !

( Your pity and ' cheer up'- type comments not only appreciated - but expected , 'ya bums ! )

Thanks , Joe ! :) I just sank into the doldrums for a bit ( this was supposed to be 'the revenge' , but it's turned into a humbling as*-kicking ) ... It has been educational , though , as I've made just about every wrong move one can make this year . :doh: :laughing:

I'm predicting that RJ is gonna end up in 2end , he's been rollin' pretty good lately ( and he's got pitching to spare ) - mark my words !