Fantasy Baseball Season 2 : The Revenge

Kevin

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Japan does something interesting with their All-Star game (s) . They take nearly a whole week off and play a 3 game series . This seems like a good idea to me , especially to give nominated pitchers ( and players ) more of a realistic chance to show their stuff -especially the MVP who usually has to do more than hit a homer or make a big play/catch . It also makes the rivalry a bit more exciting and interesting . The series has no effect on home field advantage for the finals , though , which is a good idea from MLB .

Joe , who's the rookie pitching for the Phillies today ? 11.33 points in 5.1 innings - without the win , too . He' s a bit 'all -or-nothing ' , it seems , though : 12 strikeouts but gave up 3 homers . Interesting find !

Good points for you today - get after Sammy ! :thumbsup:

Edited by Guest

Cole Hamels is probably the top pitching prospect the Phils have. He's probably not readdy for the big show just yet but injuries and desperation brought him here. He could've used more seassoning at AAA. He's had injuries that curtailed his progress the past few years. He should be a good one.

Sammy seems to be able to maintain that 180-200 point lead. Gonna be tough to get close to him. I have my hands full trying to keep one step ahead of you, The Bombers and RonJon.

:doh: :laughing: Well , I'll probably win " The Worst Start By A Pitcher " award this season ! Kenny Rogers vs Cleveland today : 0.2 innings / 7 runs given up before he was pulled ( he did manage to get 1 point, though ) ... Glad were not counting ERA's ! :P :crazy:

It's been cyclical. I'm way overusing my pitching just to maintain some momentum. It's gonna catch up to me and bite me on the a$$.

That is my only solace with The Bombers (+217 innings ) hot on my heels , and likely to pass me at some point , as well . :P

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks , Cee-Cee , I wanted to add a little info to consider before others decided . Yes , time commited to playing is greatly reduced as there are only games on Sundays ( and 1 on Monday ) . Occasionally a Thurs. or a Sat . as well , but almost always Sun/ Mon . So , on average , checking in a couple of times a week would suffice simply in order to check for injuries , put in active players/ take out others , and , basically , put forward the best team you can by Sunday - and then cross your fingers !

Also the format is a bit different ; unlike the simple collecting of points in baseball , each week you are matched up against another player's team ( most points that week wins ) and your win-loss record is the most important , with points deciding the leader in the case of identical records . So , due to this , everyone is in contention for a longer time . There is also a mini-playoffs to add a little fun . Last year , I finished in 1st , Cee-Cee in 2end , but Carl ( who made a great comeback from a miserable start ) won our SuperBowl and became league champion !

As well , putting together a team and shuffling players around/ adding/dropping /trading is similar to baseball , so you don't have to learn everything from scratch , either . It will finish by New Year's as the end of the regular season is the end of this game for a total of ~ 16 weeks ( Sundays ) .

Edited by Guest

;) Not trying to , Joe - just want to give an idea of the differences , in case the idea of 4 more months of a similar routine or format isn't appealling to those who haven't played before . I know I enjoy the break . Give it a little thought , anyway .

We need at least 6 ; 8 being better, and can take up to 12 .

Probables , then : Kevin , Cee-Cee ...

Forget about it ! : Laurie ? :laughing:

Well, I already have a team, but I'm sure I can take care of another one. What site do you use? Yahoo?

Yep ! If we get enough response , we'll set up a custom league at Yahoo! ... Welcome !

So that's : Kevin , Cee-Cee , Carl , TheLizard ...