Fantasy Baseball Season 2 : The Revenge

Kevin

Well , I see that Yahoo is now accepting signups for this year's Fantasy baseball season . It's a little early to get to excited about it or definately committed now , but I thought I'd start this a thread to 1 ) see who is interested in playing 2 ) to use for our information/ complaining / cheap shot / insult thread if the league does get started .

It was great fun last year : wacky trades , lots of bickering and bit*hing , tense and down to the wire ( mostly ) ... until Sammy pulled the rug from under us and won it all . Well -- it's payback time .

Beginners are of course are welcome and we will help you get started and get playing properly , but I think we should give precedence to experienced and or those who actively played last year if, by some chance , there are more players than positions open . Leagues are more enjoyable , IMO , if players are as active as is reasonably possible . If you want to play and are new ( didn't play last year ) , let us know your experience .

Edited by Guest
Topic Closed

• Replies 356
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wanted to get in last year. Been playing Rotisserie Baseball since the mid 80's. I am currently in a league that started in 1987 and this is our 20th season. I have time for one on here with you guys so let me know the league number and I am there. My Yahoo account is r_a_i_n_m_a_n_5_9.

No problem, Phil -- we'll post some instructions/tips etc. later once we're set up . In the meantime , if you like , you can check around the site and see what we're going to be doing . Go to the Yahoo homepage , find games , then click on Fantasy Baseball . You may also want to get yourself a Yahoo account ( free ) if you don't already have one .

Did they put you on a spit and slowly turn you around until you were through playing, Jimmy?

Peaches....turned me over and over till I was well done!! Now I am better than ever!

Anyway, sorry for calling it Rotisserie Baseball. Before it was called Fantasy Baseball, it was called Rotisserie Baseball. I am not sure if anyone cares, but the reason it was called such is because the first noted sports fantasy league was started by a group of guys who got together with an idea to create a fantasy league back in the very early 80's. That very first league was begun in a restaurant in NYC, the name of the restaurant being called "Le Rotisserie". That boys and girls is today's history lesson.

I would like to believe the league I am in is one of the oldest around since it has been running since 1987 and this would be our 20th season. We run an American League only league. This year we will also create a second league for National Leaguers only. We do need another team or two. If you are interested and live in the Westchester, NY area email me here. The draft will be a live draft (bring your own sandwich) on Sunday, April 2. The time is yet to be determined. Keep in mind this is a cash league with first prize probably running about 1500 to 2000 dollars. Entry is a couple of hundred and moves cost money, usually 5 or 10 a move depending on the type of move. That is how our prize fund is built.

Now, how will we be contacted to join this league? Are we still looking for a commissioner since JR is not around. I have been a commissioner on Yahoo many times in the past and would be willing to start up a league if all of you give me the OK. I will need to know how many teams you want. I would suggest at least 14 if using both leagues.

I will await replies.

Edited by Guest

We'd better watch out for this guy , too ! ^ :crazy:

I was thinking that , in keeping with last year's schedule , to hopefully have 12 players and to set a draft ~ the week of March 6th ( though , infact , it was the 15th ) . I'm glad our most active players ( except JR * sniff * ) have all returned plus 2 new guys giving us 7 presently . We have likely hit a bit of a wall for signups though , as there are not , I think , so many baseball fans at Songfacts who are also interested in this game as well . Let's give it a couple more weeks and see if we can get a few more trickling in .

I personally liked our format last year ( points sytem etc. ) and would generally like to follow it again ( with some modifications such as RP points -- Sammy ! LOL ) as it would be familiar to most of us and we wouldn't have to learn a new system, but just brush up our memories of how to play again . However, I'm willing to go along with the rest of you on whatever you'd like to do . Any comments or suggestions ?