classic movie lines

phil

What movie was it where Jack Nicholson's character orders toast and the waitress tells him they don't have toast, so he asks for a turkey sandwich on toasted bread, but leave off the turkey, lettuce and mayonnaise and just bring him the bread.....something like that...it was awesome!

I believe it was "As Good As It Gets" Helen Hunt was the waitress. She has him thrown out. Good flick.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The correct answer is Five Easy Pieces.

Jenny and Joe, the right answer is "As good as it gets". Besides, "Five Easy Pieces" is a film from the early 70s, Helen Hunt wasn´t around...

No, no, no, you´re right, Uncle Joe... I just checked and that´s the movie... but it´s Karen Black, not Helen Hunt. :bow:

There´s a very similar scene in "As good as it gets"...

Edited by Guest
because I was wrong...

to finally end this discussion, here's the quote from "Five Easy Pieces":

Bobby: I'd like an omelet, plain, and a chicken salad sandwich on wheat toast, no mayonnaise, no butter, no lettuce. And a cup of coffee.

Waitress: A #2, chicken salad sand. Hold the butter, the lettuce, the mayonnaise, and a cup of coffee. Anything else?

Bobby: Yeah, now all you have to do is hold the chicken, bring me the toast, give me a check for the chicken salad sandwich, and you haven't broken any rules.

Waitress: You want me to hold the chicken, huh?

Bobby: I want you to hold it between your knees.

"I want to warn you, I'm a screamer". Billy Bob Thornton as Davey Crockett in the movie the Alamo. Billy Bob says this just before Santa Anna's men execute him.

rtstuff.

"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things, and good things don't die." Andy Dufrense in the Shawshank Redemption.

• 2 weeks later...

From my all-time favorite movie, Almost Famous:

Penny Lane: Maybe it is love, as much as it can be, for somebody....

William Miller: who sold you to Humble Pie for fifty bucks and a case of beer! I was there! I was there!.... Oh God, I'm sorry.

Penny Lane: (pauses,sniffs,wipes a tear) What kind of beer?

AND -

Penny Lane: I always tell the girls - never take it seriously. If you never take it seriously, you never get hurt. If you never get hurt, you always have fun. And if you ever get lonely, you just go to the record store and visit your friends.

I loved the last line so much that I use it in my signature line for my email! :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Top Ten Old West Phrases That Will Never

Sound The Same After Brokeback Mountain.

1. "I'm gonna pump you fulla lead!"

2. "Give me a stiff one, barkeep!"

3. "Don't fret---I've been in tight spots before."

4. "Howdy, pardner."

5. You stay here while I sneak around from behind."

6. Two words: "Saddle Sore."

7. "Hold it right there! Now, move your hand, reeeal slow-like."

8. "Let's mount up!"

9. "Nice spread ya got there!"

10. "Ride'em cowboy!"

• 2 weeks later...