Takes one to know one

daslied

I don't even know what to say...

Pop superstar Michael Jackson has been asked by the Roman Catholic Church to set the prayers of the late Pope John Paul II to music. The 47-year-old singer was chosen to write music for the 24 prayers and chants, after Vatican officials decided his global celebrity would best promote their holy message. Father Giuseppe Moscati says, "We have the rights for the 24 prayers written by Pope John Paul. We had hoped the fact that we have been in contact with Michael Jackson would remain a secret. But sadly it has leaked out ahead of time. We are in discussions and trying to sort it out." The priest, who is head of the Millennium Music Society, insisted Jackson's hard-won battle against child molestation charges did not discount him as a candidate. He adds, "He was cleared and found not guilty by a jury. Michael Jackson is very interested in this project - we shall see what happens."

Update - apparently he's still hard at work on that 9/11 charity single.

Pop superstar Michael Jackson has laughed off reports he has been approached by the Vatican to sing a selection of late pontiff Pope John Paul II's prayers. The Thriller hitmaker, currently living in Bahrain, was reportedly approached by the Millennium Music Society's Reverend Giuseppe Moscati to set the 24 prayers and chants to music. Jackson's spokeswoman Raymone Bain has denied the claims, saying, "(Michael) is unaware of this project. Contrary to published reports in Italy, and the United States, Michael Jackson has not participated in any discussions with the Vatican or Edizioni Musicali Terzo Millennio, an Italian music label specializing in religious songs, to record music to Pope John Paul II's prayers." However, Bain admits Jackson was approached by the Catholic Church in 2005 during his high-profile child molestation court battle. She adds, "Because he was in trial at the time, he was not able to focus on it."

You must also be part of the "OJ Didn't Do It" clique. Since when does innocence proclaimed by a court actually prove innocence? There are so many loopholes and technicalities that I could shoot someone in the head in a police station, on TV while calling into a radio station and broadcasting from my webcam, and still get off.

It really should bother you, and "give him a bunch of kids and let him dance"? That comes across as pure evil.

Pure evil? Foxy, you are far too kind. It comes across as pure idiocy. The thoughts of the rectally challenged. Forget MJ. Keep this idiot away from children.

Seems the lights are on but Nobody's Home.

Edited by Guest
For fun.

Wow, you must have great faith in your country's legal system. If you really think you can go commit that crime and get off, go ahead. According to you criminals are getting off left, right and centre. The man has done more for society than you ever will, yet let's all spit on him. No wonder the world is going down the fkn toilet.

Taal, Hyperbole. Hyperbole, Taal.

Now that you've been introduced I'll tell you that I do have faith in my country's legal system. But in no way do I think it's infallible. Guilty people get off all the time; it's an unfortunate result of the "guilty until proven innocent" sytem.

As far as "he's done more for society than you ever will" - I totally agree. I've never done anything for society, but I've also never dangled a baby off a balcony and been on trial several times for molestation. I've never danced on top of my limo during said trial. I've also never paid a kid millions of dollars to keep quiet. Is he legally guilty? Apparently not. Does he look guilty? Hell, yes. And I'm not going to give him a free pass because he's a great entertainer.

Eeesh, what's with the emotional outburst from you two!?

First of all it's a joke. Do you get this disgusted every time Letterman or Leno makes a joke about Jacko's affiliation with little boys??

Second of all he was found not guilty.

Finally, if you want to get mad at someone then I suggest directing that anger towards those kids' senseless, greedy parents.

The point of my OP was that Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer who ever lived - no one ever come close - and nothing in his personal life, no matter how horrible, will ever change that.

Eeesh, what's with the emotional outburst from you two!?

Have a long hard think about what you wrote.

First of all it's a joke. Do you get this disgusted every time Letterman or Leno makes a joke about Jacko's affiliation with little boys??

Where's the funny side? Letterman and Leno don't come across as if they condone child abuse. YOU did.

Second of all he was found not guilty.

In this society, that doesn't really prove alot. I would not be surprised if people were under influence.

Finally, if you want to get mad at someone then I suggest directing that anger towards those kids' senseless, greedy parents.

He welcomed kids that weren't his own, into his bed...If in fact he truly is innocent, which I struggle to believe wholely, he left himself wide open to be accused of child abuse.

The point of my OP was that Michael Jackson is the greatest entertainer who ever lived - no one ever come close - and nothing in his personal life, no matter how horrible, will ever change that.

It should change your opinion of him, and anyone else who is accused of child abuse. More often tham not there is a reason that the child says to their parents that they have been abused. Entertainment is NOT life. Children ARE.

I knew Nobody Home was just making a joke...no reason to get upset at him. As for Leno, nobody laughs at his jokes anyway, so, in that respect, NobodyHome is in the same league with Leno.

As for Michael Jackson having "done more for society than you", that is a horrendous error. What has Michael Jackson ever done for society... except write a few mediocre songs, on which he played no instruments, and danced to while grabbing his "junk", apparently of which he reserves the use exclusively for adolescent boys.

Oh yeah, and he gives those boring, talentless, tabloid writers some extra material with which to work, thereby allowing them to maintain productive employment.

So, yeah, Daslied, I guess that Taal dude is right in a sense....Michael Jackson HAS done more things for society for than you or I have....TWO!.....the no-good baby-danglin' b*stard!

:afro: :afro: :afro: :jester: :thumbsdown: :thumbsdown:

I so agree with you Sammy...MJ has done great things for society?...seriously?....If I had his millions I would put it towards a charity for sexually abused children, and use the money to get the sickos that do these awful things to children and put them away for good....instead of using it to payoff the parents and law suits to get out of it.

Edited by Guest