non-singers making bad records

phil

Don't Give Up On Us Baby was always played on a cassette while I was getting a facial. Maybe they found it soothing. I don't find it *so* bad but do think it is relatively cheesy. All I can think of when I hear that song is Owen Wilson strumming that song out and Ben Stiller high on some special brownies anyways. :)

How about anything by Jennifer Love Hewitt?

Edited by Guest

HD, I don't know. The whole thing was very strange. It was like a Fellini movie that had a $316 budget.

:laughing: :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

Maybe I´m lucky to have a mac, I tried to watch the Hasselhoff video Earth-Angel posted in another thread and my computer goes "pop"... I´d try on my husband´s PC but he has no anti-virus these days so I guess it wouldn´t be worth it to get some crap just to see DH... :laughing:

I actually like Dont Give Up On Us Baby.

Me too HD, and lots of others obviously, because it was #1 in many countries (including the U.S.). I remember not thinking too much of it at first, but it sort of sneaks up on you.

David Soul was a singer (not very successful) turned actor.

:)

Me too HD, and lots of others obviously, because it was #1 in many countries (including the U.S.). I remember not thinking too much of it at first, but it sort of sneaks up on you.

David Soul was a singer (not very successful) turned actor.

I have an album of his... :blush:

I'd have to say I prefer "Silver Lady" to "Don't Give Up On Us": greater sense of pathos and melodrama in the lyrics...

"Tired of drifting, searching, shifting from town to town...etc."

Great stuff..."Cheese-tastic!" , as Foxy would have it.

But surely this thread is about non-singers making bad records?

One of the worst has to be William Shatner...has anybody heard his versions of 'Lucy In The Sky With Diamonds' and 'Hey, Mr Tambourine Man'?

Diabolism of Durannic proportions..but so funny I nearly pappered me trolleys....

(I think his album "The Transformed Man" may still be available. Worth checking out for the curiosity value...)

Urban Legend alert! A well-known R&B singer was listening to Rappers do their thing and wondered aloud if she should do Rap. The Rappers stopped in their tracks and told her not to, explaining: "We do Rap because we can't sing!" Remembering "Spartacus," The Blues, and Iambic Pentameter, I guess Rap is on par with Jazz Scat singers. So, are Rappers non-singers, too? :afro:

Because sweet Edna, you are a wise girl! ;)

Let's face it. Some songs just get under different people's skins. There doesn't have to be a reason. You'll hate me for this, but I find a lot of the Doors, Led Zeppelin, U2, Pink Floyd and The Who (just some off the top of my head) songs bor-ing.

I guess I'm just a Pop person. I'd rather listen to a mix of "20 Great Hits" of 60s or 70s. (Or 80s with Walking On Sunshine, Echo Beach and similar breezy songs).

P.S. I will concede that Katrina's voice does grate a bit.

:P