Thoughts, Hopes, Prayers

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shawna, you know you have all our thoughts and prayers for you and your family.

It gets to the point where you become the "parent" in the relationship and that is where things could go wrong.

They lose their reason to live - never let that happen. Always let her know she is important and don't allow her to lose her independence, like Uncle said.

This is going to be very tough on all of you, but with love and support and challenges seen and beaten, your mom and dad can live a full, healthy life.

My heart goes out to you my friend :( Be strong, and talk whenever you want to about it.

thanks to everybody. Rough night last night. Couldn't sleep. Part of my dilemma is that she's in CA and I'm in AZ and can't get out there. My sister and brother are there, and I'm here alone, because I'm left to run the business and go to school. So really there's not a thing I can do and I hate hate hate it.

Please Shawna, whatever it takes, go and see her. Even if we have to pool our resources - on my knees I beg you to go and see her. Please see her for the times I couldn't see my grandparents because I believed I was too busy and was too scared to lose my job or not be able to pay the bills. I would give every cent I own to have those moments with them I missed.

It will give her strength and even when we say "Me being there won't make a difference except to be there" is not the case at all. Be it now or after the op - please go and see her.

thanks to everybody. Rough night last night. Couldn't sleep. Part of my dilemma is that she's in CA and I'm in AZ and can't get out there. My sister and brother are there, and I'm here alone, because I'm left to run the business and go to school. So really there's not a thing I can do and I hate hate hate it.

Dig down for that inner strength...it's there and you'll need to know how to find it....once you do, you'll be able to feel better about your situation and make it better..

Please Shawna, whatever it takes, go and see her. Even if we have to pool our resources - on my knees I beg you to go and see her. Please see her for the times I couldn't see my grandparents because I believed I was too busy and was too scared to lose my job or not be able to pay the bills. I would give every cent I own to have those moments with them I missed.

It will give her strength and even when we say "Me being there won't make a difference except to be there" is not the case at all. Be it now or after the op - please go and see her.

it's not an issue of money, or losing my job. My sister owns the shops, there are two locations that need to be staffed, she's with my mom right now, so that leaves me, one full-time employee and one other part-time employee to cover both locations 6 days a week. Today we had to close one of the locations because our one full-time employee had a funeral to go to, so it's just a very bad situation all around.

I did talk to my mom today. Tried not to cry, almost made it. But she obviously knew that something was wrong because she told my sister to call me right back and make sure i was okay. She's so drugged up right now I had a difficult time understanding her. And she did tell me several times she wants me there. But my sister and myself can't both be gone at the same time, the business would fold.

The doctors at the hospital sent her home to "get used to the idea" so she's in a mental state to get the surgery, becuase she needs to fully understand what's happening. Her mental/emotional state will be so vital in her recovery. She needs to come to terms with it. So it could actually be a month or so before they actually perform the surgery.

Brad has been a real champion for me... he didn't sign up for all this drama, but he hasn't run away.

Bless you all for your words... it really means a lot to me...

thanks again my SF family.

We are awaiting the surgery to be scheduled... should be some time next week. Mom's attitude is wonderful, evidently. My sister is keeping me updated and my friend Lisa went over to see her today and said she appears to be doing great. I guess I'm the one who needs the attitude adjustment. I couldn't stop crying for the past two days - which is probably the reason I'm here and not there. Can't let her see me being weak, when what she needs is to see smiling strong faces around her telling her how strong she is, so she can make it through this.

I'm doing much better today, myself, after a thorough tough love session with a very dear friend last night who told it like it is and didn't hold back. I guess I needed that.

Shawna, even if you can't physically be with her, you can talk to her everyday. Get all your crying out now, before the operation and then after, set up times to call each other every day. She can bitch and moan, or just hear you talk about the business and your life.....it will probably be a great help to her and it will give her something to look forward to every day.

wow, that story that Foxy posted about Juliana really put my troubles into perspective. We are truly lucky to have lived this long without any major setbacks to anyone in my immediate family - until now. I've got to step back and take another look, and just count my blessings.

Shawna, I hunted for my Nat King Cole CD today, and put it on random play - 'Smile' was first to play, and you sprang to mind.

This one's for you, Shawna.

Smile

Nat King Cole

Smile though your heart is aching

Smile even though it's breaking

When there are clouds in the sky, you'll get by

If you smile through your fear and sorrow

Smile and maybe tomorrow

You'll see the sun come shining through for you

Light up your face with gladness

Hide every trace of sadness

Although a tear may be ever so near

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying?

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile

That's the time you must keep on trying

Smile, what's the use of crying?

You'll find that life is still worthwhile

If you just smile

Smile

Nat King Cole

This song is amazing, Foxy. I guess I posted sometime ago because it´s THE song that cheers me up. I love it and had it always in my walkman... hope I´ll have it on my iPod soon! :laughing:

Did you know the lyrics were written by Charles Chaplin?

I had it in the back of my mind that Charlie Chaplin wrote the lyrics, I did a project on him when I was in Junior School, because I had an elderly neighbour who knew him at the time he had made a film, don't remember which one. It's a very moving song...

My thoughts and prayers go out to Diggs, who goes under the surgeon's blade later this week ....unless he's pappered his kecks and bottled out, that is.

By this time next week, the old cream-crackers will resemble a pair of ugli-fruit (not a pretty sight, as the name suggests...). Prepare to wilt when you remove the gauze scrote-sack, sunshine....

Best of luck, mate. Hope the quack has a steady hand! :)

If we don't hear much from you during March, I'll just assume you're off visiting other parts of the Inet ; strictly in the interests of "following doctor's orders", mind you... ;)