Thoughts, Hopes, Prayers

PSYCHOcatholic

Okay...this thread is for like prayers or thoughts or hopes you may have for today.

If someone is sick, or if your having a bad day. We can take that into our thoughts and for some of us, we will pray, and others will hope and keep you in their thoughts!

Right now...this is basic for me...i wanna pray for all the souls in Purgatory.

I hope i wont offend anybody with this thread, im trying to keep it neutral!

• Replies 139
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're doing a good job of that, it's very PC! :grin:

I'm hoping that since I have changed all my sheets and everything on my bed plus vaccuumed my mattress, under my bed and my entire room that I won't be bitten by whatever flea or other annoying biting insect has made me it's main course for the past week.

I want to put in prayers for paul...when he leaves for basic and during basic not to let him be discouraged by everything going on there and worrying about me here.. at home. Also, that nothing happens when to nanni when i'm taking care of her over the weekend that paul is gone. Also, that mine and paul's life together is very prosperoud

my mom needs good wishes and prayers... her bypass surgery in her leg the week before Christmas still hasn't healed, her leg is a constant source of pain to her and continues to this day to be swollen to twice its normal size. The doctor finally decided the incision area was infected and gave her a device meant to suck out the infected nastiness, and her leg swelled even further after that.

She's really depressed and losing what little weight she had to begin with. She's always been little (93 pounds) and now she's about 85 pounds, because she's on so much pain medication and has no appetite...

not to make light of this thread, but along the same lines as the cat stuff... I'm about to be dumped in favor of a cat. Brad has a cat he needs to adopt out or he's going to move back to PA to take care of it.

I've been dumped many times in many ways, but this one wins the uniqueness prize by a long shot.

Anybody want to adopt a cat???

no, it's a fairly involved story. I'm not allergic... this particular cat is a sort of "special needs" cat and it can't live with us in my condo with my two other cats. Right now his daughter is in PA taking care of it, but she's planning on moving, too, and won't be able to take the cat, either. So it'll be left to Brad to figure out what to do about it, and he's planning to move back to PA until the cat dies (it's 14 now) or until he can find a home for it...

I sympathise with him and would do exactly the same thing if I couldn't find a home. It's like a child, you couldn't put it down because your lifestyle changed - I guess you take on the responsibility of the animal to be with you from the day you get it until the day it passes :(

Sorry Shawna, I hope you guys can find someone who will love and care for it :(

I wish I did know of someone. For reasons that are all his own, this particular cat is special to Brad, and all the options that I have offered him have been summarily shut down. I came up with two options of people I know here who have cats already and might be willing to take on another, and he said, "No, the cat would not be happy there." He's got very high expectations of the home he wants this cat placed in, and I don't believe those expectations will ever be met in a home that is not Brad's. Period.

But on the upside, he could always see the cat if it lived close to you and he could continue to live with the woman who makes him happier than anything else in the world :)

Compromise, a good happy home for little kitty close enough for Brad to check up on him, and a happy home for Brad and Shawna. Together :)

• 2 weeks later...

First the good news. We have found a home for the cat, so Brad does not have to move.

Because I'm going to need him to keep me upright and sane over the next few months. The bad news: my mom has to have her leg removed below the knee. ... she's such an active person... she hasn't been out to tend her garden in over 2 months, and it'll be another several now, if at all. She's going to wish herself away. And when she does, my dad will go with her. :puppyeyes: :puppyeyes: I don't know when I've ever felt so helpless and frightened.

Shawna, my dad had to have both legs amputated just below the knees (complications from diabetes). He lived several more happy years.

Push your Mom to go through the physical therapy. It's the most key thing she can do. It's a must! Encourage her all the way. Show her that you don't feel any different towards her. Don't tell her she cannot do things. Just ask her how you can help.

And for now, don't let her see your fear.

Best of luck. My thoughts will be with you...and her.