Some recycled songs

scott

Here are some lyrics I posted a while ago on the songwriting thread and unfortunately that thread never really got the traffic it deserved(Fight the power Bobo! :laughing:) and I figured I'd reprint 'em here, hope you guys don't mind the repeatedness.(is that even a word? :doh:)

Okay, one night about a year ago I got really bored so I grabbed a notebook and started writing I've written a *few* little things since then (about three notebooks worth) now about 25% (conservative estimate) really really suck, (I write a lot of them when I'm really tired at about 3 am but every now and then i look at it the next morning and say "hey it isn't god awful!" here's an example

(note: I like to write like Michael Stipe(also I like to have fun with my lyrics, like Stipe, they don't have to make that much sense) and Kurt Cobain do/did, which is it doesn't have to follow a strict syllable format, just has to rhyme (mostly) and you can make it fit by articulating it weird)(also I've never let anyone look at my notebooks before so, please don't make fun of me ) so without further ado here's a song about a day passing by that I call

"Out Of Time"(yes I was listening to a crap load of R.E.M at the time)

I'm out of time

the message/ is in this rhyme

bleedin' alkaline

the night will shine

I'm stuck inside

sun tries to hide

why are you shy?

Moon won't get by.

I'm still unhappy

moon so close to me

Froze(n)(in)* the ice

the heavens entice

turn out the light

we'll face the night

glowing neon

night is gone

day is fun

save the sun

evenings musk

will wait 'till dusk

Restless evening

stars are creeping

Break into night

pitch black sight

the witching hour

midnights flower

dawn will break

the night foresake

early morning

owls foreboding

Meet you in the day

you don't have to stay

skylit by moon

you left so soon

scarred by star

I know who you are

stuck beneath the heavens

bet on lucky sevens

lost in the stratosphere

I won't stay in here

Dusk, dusk to dawn dawn to dusk, I'm out of time.

*pulled a little Cobain/Vedder there, sweet huh?

there it is, if you don't get it listen to R.E.M's "Low" and "E-bow the letter" I was going for that mellow mood.

Please don't make fun of me I already know that I'm a dork, whereas if you like it as I said before I have about 210 more(yes, I'm a dork with a lot of time on my hands)

Bottom line though, what do you think?

Here's another, it's not quite finished, but I'm pretty proud of it, it has pretty good lyric structure, and all that stuff, at the time I was listening to Radiohead and R.E.M (I think that Michael Stipes my idol, but I can't be sure)

Not My Boss

Sure, you might be so large

How does that put you in charge?

You govern with fake authority

Demonizing the minority

Go, ride you magic oil barge

'Cause no one tops your seniority

I totally agree with you sarge

50 tons of metal in my garage

Chorus:

You say that you're the boss

In control of all the chaos

No,No,No,No,No,No

Protest, it goes to show

you're not my boss

you caused the chaos

The great conspiracy plan

Great Mother turned and ran

One and only natures killer

Calm the masses with useless filler

passing the buck makes him a man

Religion, your supposed pillar

Now we can go to Alaska to tan

Quite frankly, I just ain't a fan

Chorus.

There it is so far, I want to add some more verses to it, but I really like it, the lyrics all fit together like a puzzle, but each line is completely standalone and has an entirely different meaning in itself.

Thanks dude, :P

I think the reason that most the stuff I write deals with night and stars and stuff is because I write most of them at night outside looking and the sky and stars and stuff :: I find that to be a great insperation(I also take out my CD player :headphones: and about 25 of my CDs (I have many many more) and just listen to 'em. It's really a great way to relax. As far as the poetic stuff goes, I really love writing like that, vague, weird descriptions can be some of the best descriptions in my book(if you can follow me :laughing:)

Thanks for the 'props' :jester:

Here are some lyrics I posted a while ago on the songwriting thread and unfortunately that thread never really got the traffic it deserved(Fight the power Bobo! :laughing:) and I figured I'd reprint 'em here, hope you guys don't mind the repeatedness.(is that even a word? :doh:)

Okay, one night about a year ago I got really bored so I grabbed a notebook and started writing I've written a *few* little things since then (about three notebooks worth) now about 25% (conservative estimate) really really suck, (I write a lot of them when I'm really tired at about 3 am but every now and then i look at it the next morning and say "hey it isn't god awful!" here's an example

(note: I like to write like Michael Stipe(also I like to have fun with my lyrics, like Stipe, they don't have to make that much sense) and Kurt Cobain do/did, which is it doesn't have to follow a strict syllable format, just has to rhyme (mostly) and you can make it fit by articulating it weird)(also I've never let anyone look at my notebooks before so, please don't make fun of me ) so without further ado here's a song about a day passing by that I call

"Out Of Time"(yes I was listening to a crap load of R.E.M at the time)

I'm out of time

the message/ is in this rhyme

bleedin' alkaline

the night will shine

I'm stuck inside

sun tries to hide

why are you shy?

Moon won't get by.

I'm still unhappy

moon so close to me

Froze(n)(in)* the ice

the heavens entice

turn out the light

we'll face the night

glowing neon

night is gone

day is fun

save the sun

evenings musk

will wait 'till dusk

Restless evening

stars are creeping

Break into night

pitch black sight

the witching hour

midnights flower

dawn will break

the night foresake

early morning

owls foreboding

Meet you in the day

you don't have to stay

skylit by moon

you left so soon

scarred by star

I know who you are

stuck beneath the heavens

bet on lucky sevens

lost in the stratosphere

I won't stay in here

Dusk, dusk to dawn dawn to dusk, I'm out of time.

*pulled a little Cobain/Vedder there, sweet huh?

there it is, if you don't get it listen to R.E.M's "Low" and "E-bow the letter" I was going for that mellow mood.

Please don't make fun of me I already know that I'm a dork, whereas if you like it as I said before I have about 210 more(yes, I'm a dork with a lot of time on my hands)

Bottom line though, what do you think?

Here's another, it's not quite finished, but I'm pretty proud of it, it has pretty good lyric structure, and all that stuff, at the time I was listening to Radiohead and R.E.M (I think that Michael Stipes my idol, but I can't be sure)

Not My Boss

Sure, you might be so large

How does that put you in charge?

You govern with fake authority

Demonizing the minority

Go, ride you magic oil barge

'Cause no one tops your seniority

I totally agree with you sarge

50 tons of metal in my garage

Chorus:

You say that you're the boss

In control of all the chaos

No,No,No,No,No,No

Protest, it goes to show

you're not my boss

you caused the chaos

The great conspiracy plan

Great Mother turned and ran

One and only natures killer

Calm the masses with useless filler

passing the buck makes him a man

Religion, your supposed pillar

Now we can go to Alaska to tan

Quite frankly, I just ain't a fan

Chorus.

There it is so far, I want to add some more verses to it, but I really like it, the lyrics all fit together like a puzzle, but each line is completely standalone and has an entirely different meaning in itself.

Well done scott :bow: yes kurt cobain was a great writer, great at using metaphors :guitar: