- You know my name

- All together now

- Wild Honey Pie

- Yes it is

- I want to hold your hand in German

- The other song in German.

- Being for the benefit of Mr Kite

- Getting better

Though I must say that I like the last two songs... only they´re are not among the best ones...

Funny, I love "Yes It Is" and it made both of your lists. I have a hard time using "worst" here, but here are 10 Beatles songs that I won't rush to listen to:

Anna

A Taste of Honey

Till There Was You

Rock & Roll Music

What You're doing

Tell Me What You See

Here There Everywhere

Got To Get You Into My Life

Ob La Di Ob La Da

Revolution #9 (we all agree on this one)

I remember this incident from my college daze:

A brawny rugby player walked into the local greasy spoon while Hey Jude was playing merrily on the jukebox. Without a word, he pulled the machine away from the wall and pulled the plug. The place fell into dead silence. That was OK by me.

-----------------------------

The White Album is such a mixed bag. It has some of the worst filler along with some of The Beatles' best songs. But which is which is such a subjective call.

I'd prefer that Rocky Racoon went away and died.

I think I'll stay out of this one. I've only seen a few that I don't like mentioned - in fact of Ronjon's list I like the first 9 (not in my favorites though). As he said, the only one on which we'll probably all agree is John's self indulgent Revolution 9.

Nonsense songs like Yellow Submarine, Ob La Di,Ob La Da and Octopus' Garden grow on you after a while.

I've never cared for Strawberry Fields Forever (sounds like a dirge to me), but it's some people's favorite. Also Ballad Of John And Yoko because it says "Christ, you know it ain't easy". You'll probably think I'm strange, but I don't care for blasphemy. I've said it impulsively when I've hit my finger with a hammer, but I wouldn't put it in a song - unless it was a Hymn.

Anyway, it would be so boring if we all liked the same songs, wouldn't it ? There'd be nothing to discuss.

:)

For me, in no real order:

Mr. Moonlight

The Long and Winding Road

Blue Jay Way

Run For Your Life

Because

I Want You (She's So Heavy)

Act Naturally

The Inner Light

P.S. I Love You

Revolution 9

I guess that does it for me, first instincts and all. Some are too cheesy for me, some are too scary. Nobody's perfect! :)

And hey, I'm all for everyone having their own opinions, but I always liked All Together Now. Very throwaway but fun to sing with.

Edited by Guest

I remember this incident from my college daze:

A brawny rugby player walked into the local greasy spoon while Hey Jude was playing merrily on the jukebox. Without a word, he pulled the machine away from the wall and pulled the plug. The place fell into dead silence. That was OK by me.

-----------------------------

The White Album is such a mixed bag. It has some of the worst filler along with some of The Beatles' best songs. But which is which is such a subjective call.

I'd prefer that Rocky Racoon went away and died.

that's funny Bazooka...a similar incident happened to me in high-school, except it wasn't a Beatle tune, it was SATURDAY NIGHT by the Bay City Rollers...whenever someone played that song, this kid named Vinny would get up from the lunch table and give that jukebox a good swift kick....we would play on purpose after awhile just to see him get ticked....

That´s going to be easier... :)

- All together now

- I want to hold your hand in German*

- The other song in German**

Though I must say that I like the last two songs... only they´re are not among the best ones...

*=You mean Komm,Gib Mir Deiden Hand

**=Sie Liebt Dich.I actually like that song.

Ballad Of John And Yoko because it says "Christ, you know it ain't easy". ... I don't care for blasphemy.

:)

Perhaps Paul shares your conviction, Old. I noted he sings a tight harmony throughout all the chorus, except on the word "Christ" in which he is silent.

I have another slant; that John is using "Christ" here not as blasphemy, but as a means of address. Saying, in effect, "Jesus, YOU know how I feel being hounded all the time with no peace for myself or my mates. Half the outsiders want to use me and the other half want to see me tarred and feathered or worse. Christ, YOU might be one of the few who knows how all that feels."

John was big on duality, so it would be like him to offer two ways to interpret his lyric.