Farewell For Now Songfacts Family

PSYCHOcatholic

I don't want it to seem like i'm not supporting him because i am... and i am VERY proud of him for doing this. I'm just having a hard time coping with him being gone. I'm used to seeing him and talking to him EVERYDAY and then all the sudden... NOTHING. It's just hard. I'm sure you guys say you understand and that you've gone through the same things, guys, don't take this the wrong way but, i don't think you know how bad i'm hurting. And i know that he's hurting too. I just think that im taking this harder than he is.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You still have that in Greece?? It´s over now for France, and Spain too... but I also had a boyfriend who had to leave for his military service and we used normal mail... there was no e-mail by then... nor cell phones...

yeah, we do. my brother was in the navy for about 2 years. fortunately, he managed to get a position near athens, so he only had to go in every other day. and fortunately, he finished before an unfortunate incident with Turkey.

they have been reducing it every year though, so some people only go for a year or so.

Brittany, I don't mean to sound funny, but I'm currently watching my mum get over my step-dads death, 2 years on....that's a permanent hurt...she's never going to get him back, no matter how much she wants it. You are getting Paul back in the next few months. It's natural for you to miss him, and no-one says you shouldn't...but believe me, we do understand :)

I remember the first time I went home for the summer holidays after I started going out with my boyfriend. he came to visit for 2 weeks, but that was basically 3 m onths without seeing him! I couldn't stop crying and felt very depressed for the first few days. then i started seeing my friends and having a good time, so everything was fine! trust me, it will take a while, but you'll get used to it soon enough

Brittany, I don't mean to sound funny, but I'm currently watching my mum get over my step-dads death, 2 years on....that's a permanent hurt...she's never going to get him back, no matter how much she wants it. You are getting Paul back in the next few months. It's natural for you to miss him, and no-one says you shouldn't...but believe me, we do understand :)

sorry to hear about that.... i know that people hve it alot worse than i do in the world... and i think about that everytime i try to say something to someone about how i feel. Anyways, i'm gonna stop posting on here... seems like everyone is getting sick of me i've had earth-angel tell me in a pricate message that she's had alot of complaints about my posts. So i'm just not gonna post anymore

Ok, ever since paul left and every time i try to post something about him or how i feel while he's gone. I get a private comment or message or whatever you call it on here from earth-angel saying she's had lots of complaints about my posts. I'm solving the problem. I'm not posting on here anymore. Seems like i'm pissing everyone off so if you guy want to know about paul... g-luck.

I alerted the mods a couple of times to request that the threads you had made were all merged with this one, just so that everything about Paul and his progress was in one place so we all knew where to look for an update.

I think alot of people are thinking about how Paul will feel reading on a public forum about you having suicidal thoughts etc, and that will kill him to read things like that! I think I speak for everyone on here when I say that anyone would be pleased to receive a PM from you to help you talk through your deeper feelings and help you get through this Brittany...I know I would be happy to help you in any way I can, without affecting how Paul may already be feeling...don't go away...

Ok, ever since paul left and every time i try to post something about him or how i feel while he's gone. I get a private comment or message or whatever you call it on here from earth-angel saying she's had lots of complaints about my posts. I'm solving the problem. I'm not posting on here anymore. Seems like i'm pissing everyone off so if you guy want to know about paul... g-luck.

That is not true at all Brittany. I have sent you one very polite and reasonable PM regarding this, to which you very rudely replied.

We still care about you Paul, no matter what! Stay strong and write soon :)

Thanks, Earth-Angel... :bow: You´re an angel. :):) I´m sorry about all this... I also think that we should use the PT to tell some private things. A web page or forum isn´t the right place to think in a loud voice. And although sometimes we go through bad moments, we should at least stay polite and understand this is a public space.

yet another example of how misunderstandings and rumors get started via words on a computer with no verbal inflections... tone of voice is very important while communicating and I know this type of thing happens way way way too much in this computer age.

For what it's worth - and I'm sure I speak for everyone here:

Paul, we're wishing you nothing but the best. Godspeed in coming home and getting started with the rest of your life.

And Brittany... please believe that it will get better as time goes by. Losing someone, even temporarily, is no fun. But take strength in the fact that you know he will be back - and he's yours and no one else's.

It's a great show of maturity to be strong for the other person, even when you're falling apart inside. I learned this when I adopted my son and suddenly I as a person disappeared - it was all about him for a long time. It taught me selflessness and patience, but most of all it made me strong.

• 2 weeks later...

Welcome back , of course , Brittany ! We're happy you feel like speaking with us again . Don't , however , think that anyone here ever meant you or Paul any disrespect or ill will -- just the contrary as you can see from the numerous posts . Just a case of tension and nerves on your part , I'd say ... water under the bridge , so , do tell , how is Psycho ? :)