Farewell For Now Songfacts Family

PSYCHOcatholic

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well earlier today paul and i talked to his recruiter earlier this morning and paul basically said that he didn't want to go to Missouri and have a bad asthma attack there. If anything happens to him though, they send him home and if anything happens to me, or his family members then he also gets sent home. Anywho, we got there and his recruiter got into his head and made him change his mind about going and everything. Paul took me outside into the hall and said that it was good if he went... and in a way it is because we will have money for our own place when he gets back. Anyways, i was bawling my eyes out because i didn't want him to leave me like any normal fiance wouldn't want their soon to be hubby leave them for 4 almost 5 months RIGHT after getting engaged. Anyways, that's that. He's gone. His mom and dad are really supportive of me though. They took me out to eat and everything to make me feel better. They knew that it was REALLY hard for me to watch him leave me. Well, all i can say is that it's only been like an hour and a half and i'm already going insane! It's gonna be really hard for me and i just hope that you guys will be here for me like you would be here for paul. When he writes me i will let you guys know how he is doing and everything. Until then, love you guys and please keep Paul, me, and paul's family in your prayers.

Well, i talked to him last night around 6. He told me to call him when i got to his house because i was on my way over there to get his cell phone charger and some other things of his. Anyways, i called the hotel when i got there and we talked for like an hour and 45 minutes. He has free long distance and everything so yea. Anyways, he's there wether i like it or not for 4 months. I can't help but to cry over the smallest and stupidest things. I dont' want to cry, it just comes out. I can't stop it.

Anyways, he's fine... i called him back later on when i got home and he was crying because he missed everything and everyone here. He's doing fine though. I woke up at 4 this morning because that's when they were leaving the hotel to go to MEPS and everything. I didn't get to talk to him very long because he had to go eat breakfast and everything. Anyways, i love you guys and if you want me to tell him anything just post it on here and i'll be sure to get everything to him. love you guys and i really need you guys right now......

Edited by Guest

Well, how about i read it myself!

We are in St. Louis airport, and im at a cyber cafe right now! Im at the USO place. This is AWESOME! We will be leaving in about 2 hours to get to camp, it will take us 3 to get there. So...i got some time. Im gonna go get something to eat, and make my last real meal count! Prayers Prayers Prayers...and pray for me and britt to be strong through all of this.

Hey PC (Always called you PC cause that name is too long to type!!).....

I didn't see this post last week so I don't know when you will see this. All I want to say is that I believe what you are doing at this time in your life should make all of us here proud of you.

I wish you the best of luck.

Early days, early days....

You have your whole lives in front of you, make the most of a bad situation for you, by thinking how much Paul is furthering himself by doing this, it's probably hurting just as much for him. Lean on friends and family, and go out and do things that you'd normally do at 17....go to sleep with his picture under your pillow at night and even if you don't talk every night on the phone, you'll meet in your dreams anyway :)

Well paul called me around 6 ish and only had two minutes to talk. He said that morrow he had an appointment with a military doctor about his asthma. I asked him if he was gonna get sent home and he said that he didn't know.

They don't just set up appointments for military doctors for nothing. Anywho, i think that he either had another asthma attack, or when they were asking him questions they asked when the last time he was hospitalized and he would have had to say Monday (the day before they left) and the next question would more than likely be for what reason... asthma.

Who knows. I hope that he does get to come home though... i miss him so much... it's really hard not to cry. I'll be fine for a few hours and then i'll just sit there and they'll just start pouring out of my eyes. I can't control it anymore. I feel depressed and everything. His recreuiter said that the day he left would be the worst and the next would be better and then next even more better. Well it's been the opposite for me. It was bad the day he left, and the second day was worse, and today has been horrible. I actually had a suicidal thought earlier... i know it sounds REALLY stupid.... but i did... i didn't try anything so don't think that i'm a freak... but a thought did pop into my mind. I don't know what to do. I miss him so much it's driving me insane... literally.

Hang in there and hope for the best. Here's an observation: A number of years ago, a female coworker had decided to sign on the line with the Air Force. This volunteers-only-era military rejected her because of Asthma attacks in her medical records. Desk duty may be in his future. Closer to home.

Relax, Brittany.

Even though you may miss him terribly, he's only gone for a short while.

It's not as if you'll never see him again.

The man proposed to you before he left. He's not going anywhere but back into your arms when he's through with training.

Think good thoughts and be happy knowing he's doing something he wants to do.

Words of advice:

If you need someone to talk to when you're feeling sad, PM someone here or talk to a family member or friend.

Post positive things, so he won't be worrying about you if he reads your posts.

Let him know that you're doing ok and you love him. That's what he needs to hear from you and read about you. Let him know that you support him and encourage him to do well.

It's natural to feel sad when someone goes away, but look at all you've got going for you right now and your future with Paul.

That should keep you happy and strong and best of all... proud! :thumbsup:

Relax, Brittany.

Even though you may miss him terribly, he's only gone for a short while.

It's not as if you'll never see him again.

The man proposed to you before he left. He's not going anywhere but back into your arms when he's through with training.

Think good thoughts and be happy knowing he's doing something he wants to do.

Word of advice:

If you need someone to talk to when you're feeling sad, PM someone here or talk to a family member or friend.

Posting what you did in that last paragraph is not what Paul needs to read if he gets ahold of a computer.

Instead of concentrating on his training, he'll be worrying about you.

Let him know that you're doing ok and you love him. That's what he needs to hear from you and read about you. Let him know that you support him and encourage him to do well.

It's natural to feel sad when someone goes away, but look at all you've got going for you right now and your future with Paul.

That should keep you happy and strong and best of all... proud! :thumbsup:

That´s it. Brad, these are my words too... :thumbsup:

Britt, he´s not gone to war, not gone for one year, he´ll be back before the summer...