Prayers needed

rtstuff

Guys and Gals I am not sure if there is any appropriate place on this forum to post this message. I thought perhaps random thoughts might be the closest to being a good spot for this.

My very good friend just had a tumor removed from the bone in his right arm. Right now we are waiting for the pathology report to come back on this coming Thursday. Him and his wife are special friends to my wife and I.

Any and all prayers would be greatly appreciated for my friend Bernie. I didn't think it could hurt to have people from all over the world saying a little prayer for my buddy.

Thanks so much

Tom

aka, rtstuff

Home of the Thundering Herd.

First off I want to thank all of you for your thoughts and prayers. When I told Bernie he had people half way across the world praying for him he said "awesome".

It wasn't a perfect report,but it certainly could have been a lot worse. The doctors removed a malignant tumor from his left forearm bone. They had to remove a lot of bone so he has to be real careful or he could snap the bone. Also some of the cells had spread a little into the the surrounding muscle. The doctor left that because he was affraid that he would stir up stuff.

Here is the prognosis. First the doctor told Bernie that he would not lose his arm. Secondly and most importantly he said this form of cancer is, in his words, "very, very, very treatable".

Bernie goes to a oncologist on Wednesday. He is the top rated one in this area. Bernie will then find out the reat of his treatment regimen. I imagine he will probably have to take some radiation treatments.

I have a very positive feeling that ole Bernie will turn out just fine in time for pool season at the local swimming hole this summer. He is in for some treatments and if the bone doesn't fill in they may have to put a plate in his arm to stabilize it. All things considering by this being found early I think he is going to be ok.

Again thanks to everyone for your thoughts and prayers.

rtstuff

Home is where the Thundering Herd roams.