Are You A Cat Or Dog Person?

lonelyday

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

My dog lives at my mums house, along with the famil cat, and I have my own cat who lives here with me, although because I'm always at work, she has rapidly chosen the 'hand who feeds her' - another member of my family..when I move again, I have a feeling I'll have to leave her here because they'd miss her too much...although it would destroy me if it comes to that..

Anyway, despite that I love cats and dogs, but nothing can compare to being greeted by our dog, who wags her little stumpy tail so much that her whole body moves and she nearly knocks herself off her feet! Her funny little ways - how she lies down, the way she comes skidding into the kitchen from the garden...

And the one thing I will never forget, when I had the phonecall from my mum to say that my stepdad had died - I was stood at the front door waiting for them to return home from the hospital, and upon hearing the news I remember sliding down the doorframe and collapsing in a heap on the floor in the doorway, completely alone, and then feeling a heavy weight on my legs, and Tess had gotten into my lap and placed her head on my shoulder. We stayed like that for almost an hour until someone came, my arms around her neck and her soaked in my tears...she truly lived up to the 'loyal friend' that night.

You walk in the door and the dog is that pleased and happy to see you, cat's aren't like that.

Wow, Katie, you should see my cats... :) When I get home they run to me and make all kind of funny things... at first I thought they wanted some candy (I mean, cat candy ;) ) but no, they rub their backs against my legs and play a bit with me...

Wow, Katie, you should see my cats... :) When I get home they run to me and make all kind of funny things... at first I thought they wanted some candy (I mean, cat candy ;) ) but no, they rub their backs against my legs and play a bit with me...

I quite agree. My son's cat waits in the window for us to get home every evening. He sleeps in my son's bed with him at night. And when we go on overnight/weekend trips, he goes into a funk so that when we come home he sort of shows my son that he's rather annoyed. But he always thaws out after about an hour or so. :grin:

I wouldn't say that I'm either a dog or a cat person. I love animals, period. We have cats because we live in a condo and have no yard, and also they're more self-sustaining than a dog. We can leave for the weekend and just leave enough food and water out and they're fine. With a dog, we'd have to get someone to come over and play with it, feed it and walk it every day.

I like them both. I have always had one, the other or both. I am about to be pet less though. I have to give my cats A and B up for adoption. They were my mom and dad's cats that I ended up with when my mom died. Now that my wife's dad is moving in, we will not have room and he is allergic. I feel guilty getting rid of them, but I have no choice.

That's really sad , Marc ! :( No way around it ? I suppose that having got used to the run of the house , you couldn't shut them up in a part of it or keep them outside , either ...

I realize your father-in-law is family ( and human ) , but he is , afterall , a guest and those pets are ' family' too : Couldn't I sent you a load of those hypo-allergenic masks that are so common over here ? ;) Just for a while , as cats don't live so long ...

"The more I know about people, the more I like my dog." ~ Mark Twain

"A man who holds a cat by the tail learns something he can learn in no other way." ~ Mark Twain

"I loathe people who keep dogs. They are cowards who haven’t got the guts to bite people themselves. ~ August Strindberg

"I love cats because I love my home and after a while they become its visible soul." ~ Jean Cocteau

"In a cat’s eyes, all things belong to cats."

I am indebted to the cat for a particular kind of honorable deceit, for a greater control over myself, for a characteristic aversion to brutal sounds, and for the need to keep silent for long periods of time. ~ Colette

"I think we are drawn to dogs because they are the uninhibited creatures we might be if we weren’t certain we knew better." ~ George Bird Evans

"There are two means of refuge from the misery of life – music and cats." Albert Schweitzer

"Women and cats do as they please. Men and dogs had better get used to it." ~ Robert Heinlein

"A cat will look down to a man. A dog will look up to a man. But a pig will look you straight in the eye and see his equal." ~ Sir Winston Churchill

I love dogs, I was very attached to my late dog and felt like a member of my family died when we had to put him down. I find it very lonely living without a dog, but I always think that living in a 2-bed flat and spending the whole day by himself would not be much fun for a dog.

I like cats too, but I much prefer dogs. I think a cat would be a better option for me, because, as someone already said, cats are more self-sufficient. I need to think about it, I would adore having a pet! I even though about getting a guinea pig, they too are adorable! but they get depressed on their own so you need to get two

Our landlords gave their cat to the neighbours while they are in Singapore and we haven't seen him since we moved in. My boyfriend has had flu lately so he has been sleeping in the spare room, and I guess he hasn't been sleeping alone! He woke up to loud purring and who was on the bed? Dennis :D And he came back after I had gone to work and settled in for the afternoon. He also came back last night to snuggle with us :)

dennis.jpg

I don't not like cats but I love dogs! Little puppies with their bouncing and tumbling and pretending to be ferocious wolves when you can pick them up with one hand and dangle them in the air! Cats are fascinating with their curves and contours and uncanny flexibility, but with me, it's dogs all the way!

i never thought of it that way. I do know however that free was so attached to me, he hated all men that came to our house (except for family of course). my personal trainer and my english teacher was particular "favourites", he used to bark at them like mad, growling and all! so i guess he was trying to protect me, and was jealous of other men! not my boyfriend though, which is weird, although he was in his last days when he "met" my boyfriend