FM radio sucks

phil

We are working on it...that all comes under budget and with our station being small market it is hard to justify that in the budget...but it has been put on the table to the big boss'...so hopefully!! And I just want to say in defense of the same songs being played so much...well listeners what to hear them for the most part...but you do need to mix it up. On my show every day I play a buried classic song..today is is Elton John Border Song, a song you don't hear all that much...I look for songs that where a "hit" not meaning on the Billboard chart but a song that was played at some point on the air. It goes good and listeners like, plus I take a lot of requests. I love my job.

Portland's classic rock station has something called "Gettin the Led out" where they take Zeppelin requests, and it's kind of cool at first, because the less played Zep songs get played, but it seems like they play Misty Mountain Hop every night, and similar songs every night, and it just gets old.

Whenever commercial FM radio gets on a "Stuck CD" or "Nuttin' but Tupac today" bend, there's always the local state university radio. Do Hippies still exist? "The Flower Punk" show turned the airwaves Paisely for an hour. Does Grunge thrive? "Seattle Punk" fills that bill. Undiscovered artists? "The Indie Hour" takes care of new music. Out here, due to the "mountains/valleys/tall buildings" landscape, FM radio is a catch-as-catch-can thing unless you're on the road with line-of-sight to the tower. AM radio continues to do well in this market, for this reason,though it's more formulaic than FM. :stars: