The Kooks

Earth-Angel

The Kooks

the_kooks_lead_203x152.jpg

What do you do when you break up with Katie Melua? Well, you write a song about it. A catchy song. A pop song with an edgy side to it and you sell a good few albums thanks to it!

The Kooks - funny name, funny men.

1. What is a kook?

Please allow me to quote from the Introduction to my book, Kooks: A Guide to the Outer Limits of Human Belief (copyright Donna Kossy and Feral House, 1994):

The word "kook" was coined by the beatniks, as a pared-down version of "cuckoo," as in "going cuckoo." A kook is a person stigmatized by virtue of outlandish, extreme or socially unacceptable beliefs that underpin their entire existence. Kooks usually don't keep their beliefs to themselves; they either air them constantly or create lasting monuments to them.

Their debut single, Eddie's Gun, has the catchy breakup song "You don't love me" and you can hear some samples right here!

eddiesgun.jpg

This was again released on their full album "Inside and out".

Inside In/Inside Out is the eagerly anticipated debut album from young Brighton four-piece The Kooks, produced by Tony Hoffer (Beck, Air, Supergrass) and recorded at Ray Davies' KONK Studios in North London. The Kooks fully demonstrate their plenitude of clever guitar hooks and jerk-pop antics, with fourteen quirky and energetic tunes including 'Eddie's Gun'. Virgin. 2006. www.amazon.com

They're not that big yet, but remember, you heard it here first! ;)

• 1 year later...
  • 2 months later...