Songs that just go together...

Brad_M

Ever listen to 2 album tracks that flow so well together even though they are seperate songs?

The first one ends and the next one jumps right in like it was meant to be played immediately after the first.

I'm not talking about 2 seperate songs by different artists that sound great in that order, but 2 songs that are back to back on the same studio album by the same artist.

Even the DJs on the local radio stations play both of them together, although they are seperate songs.

Whenever you hear that first song end, you immediately expect the next one to be played.

I can think of 3 examples.

Here are the names of both songs in the order they were recorded and the album they are from:

Heartbreaker/Living Loving Maid (She's Just A Woman) - Led Zeppelin (Led Zeppelin II)

Feeling That Way/Anytime - Journey (Infinity)

We Will Rock You/We Are The Champions - Queen (News Of The World)

Can anybody think of any others?

I pirated a copy of one of Stevie Nicks' concerts from her first solo tour in '81 (taped it off the radio simulcast). She did a version of "Outside the Rain" that went straight into "Dreams" and it was so smooth you didn't even know what hit you. That one always sticks in my mind.