Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
RonJonSurfer

Lez Zeppelin

Recommended Posts

You may not be, but one mention of Christianity here in a less than holy context and 'poof'!

Fear not you Americans, we over here don't think you are all religious zealots. Only most of you according to your media and foreign policy.....

How about 'national stereotypes' as a nice, smut free subject. No chance for controversy there...

Oh BF, if somebody gave you one would it quench your desire to talk about it? Hee hee!

Regards

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You may not be, but one mention of Christianity here in a less than holy context and 'poof'!

Fear not you Americans, we over here don't think you are all religious zealots. Only most of you according to your media and foreign policy.....

How about 'national stereotypes' as a nice, smut free subject. No chance for controversy there...

Oh BF, if somebody gave you one would it quench your desire to talk about it? Hee hee!

Regards

Could you repeat that? I couldn't understand you with that accent....(this will be my one and only mindless contribution to whatever follows here)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

ohmygod, on the subject of american religious zealots... no offence intended to our american board members who i know to be very smart, but this absolute moron wrote an article for our university newspaper last week and i just have to vent about it! he's an american exchange student and he wrote all about he was so disappointed not to have been welcomed with open arms by the irish, since his family had contributed so much to irish history (i had never even heard of his surname) and america was responsible for saving ireland from third world status (we received minimal marshall aid because we were neutral during world war II!). also, although he chose to go abroad in order "to broaden [his] knowledge of the wider world", he had expected ireland to be a "good christian country like the united states". he went on to criticise our history departments lecturers for being subvervise leftist communists and even had the audacity to send a survey to those lecturers asking about their political convictions and "faith in our Lord Jesus Christ". he warned us about the dangers of socialism, which we may not understand since during the cold war america managed to keep it out of ireland. "socialism means that your house could be taken from you and given to someone who doesn't want to work for it." finally, he finished up with a quotation from a banner which is in his local church: "many europeans anger righteous americans. may your lord jesus guide you."

gah! :doh:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gisela, maybe you should just quit being such a leftist socia-communist.

No two-word phrase angers me more than "good Christian". Apparently that absolves you of any misdeed you may have done.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the problem is that there are no "good christians", or at least very few of them. in order to really be a good christian you would have to have an incredible amount of control over any human urges that you might have and probably lead a very boring life! no coveting your neighbour's goods, wife, honouring your father and mother, loving your neighbour as yourself - that's hard!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think 80% of Americans' are moderates. The other 20% are left/right extremists. Unfortunately, the extremists get most of the air and print time, because it SELLS. Pragmatic people in the middle are not controversial and are dismissed as boring by the mass media. I USED to watch and listen to political shows on TV and radio and one day I decided to stop wasting my life with these professional spin masters. All politics is local. Be involved in your local community and VOTE in elections. It does not matter what your convictions are, but name calling and 30 second sound bites are not going to solve anything.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...