Hall and Oates ~ Our Kind of Soul

Sweet Jane 61

Soul has been at the foundation of Hall & Oates' sound throughout their career, it was about time they cut their own soul tribute album. And what an album this is! Hall & Oates' spin on their favorite soul sounds. You get the Philly soul and Motown, along with other smooth soul of the '70s. Most of the album is devoted to covers. My favorite "You are Everything" The Stylistics hit and Daryl Hall makes it a "new hit" to love. And "Love TKO"...I am sure that Teddy is proud of Hall and Oates' version. The cover of Al Green's "I'm Still In Love With You" is also tops. And there are a couple new originals with the Hall and Oates soul feel to them..."Soul Violins" beautiful lyrics and "Let Love Take Control." I have missed this Hall and Oates, the one I grew up with in the 70's The mellow blue eyed soul sound that made you go weak with Daryl's smooth voice. This new album is one I will listen to for years. If you loved Hall and Oates back then, check this album out.

Let Love Take Control

Standing in the Shadows of Love

I'll Be Around

Used to Be My Girl

Soul Violins

I Can Dream About You

Don't Turn Your Back on Me

Fading Away

Neither One of Us

After the Dance

Rock Steady

Love TKO

What You See Is What You Get

Can't Get Enough of Your Love

You Are Everything

I'm Still in Love With You

Ooh Child

I didn't think there were any other Hall and Oates fans around ! I don't know the Album mentioned but I'll try to find it. I love all their 70s and 80s Top 40 "crap" + "Live At The Apollo".

Private eyes... they’re watching you watching you watching you watching you........

:)

My wife's a big H&O fan. She has this album as well as just about every other thing they've done. I was forced to listen to the "Our Kind of Soul" CD on a road trip and I must say I was not expecting to enjoy it too much. I got so burned out on 80's music during the 80's that I really don't have much interest in hearing most of it nowadays. I was not aware that this new CD was a cover of soul songs. I have to say I was pleasantly surprised. I, too, am more fond of the early H&O sound. "Love TKO" is an awesome song. I have never heard the original, but Daryl does a super job on this one. On this CD, you can really "hear" just how much these songs mean to them. Even if you're just a casual fan of H&O and haven't bought anything of theirs in 20 years, I would highly recommend you pick this one up.