Linda Eder

sillysib7

Linda Eder has been around for years and was a Star Search champion in the late 80s. She has recorded 9 solo CDs and has most often been compared to Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland, whom she also cites as influences. In fact, her latest CD is called "By Myself: The Music of Judy Garland" which is a tribute CD. It was released October 4, 2005.

Yet, she has never had a top 40 hit song, and none of her albums has broken into the top 100 of the Billboard chart. This is probably why she isn't in "the mainstream" as of yet.

I was wondering if anyone else on this message board had heard of her, or if there are any other fans of hers here.

I thought a song of hers from Phantom Of The Opera made the top 40 but I could be wrong.

Linda Eder was in Jekyll and Hyde, not Phantom. She originated the role of Lucy. The song you're thinking of is probably "Someone Like You," although it didn't make the top 40. Linda has had a couple of her songs made into dance hits and those have charted, but only on the dance/club charts.

You're right, she does have a beautiful voice and her stage presence is great as well. She never appears to be nervous on stage. I've had the pleasure of seeing her in concert 5 times and have met her each time afterward (yes, I'm a groupie). However, it's been over a year since my last "fix" and I'm going through withdrawal...LOL.

Glad to see there are others on this board who have heard of her.